All reviews great music other guests ceiling fan reasonable rates very nice place to stay front lawn rooms are clean beautiful location fire pit scott microwave reese bath maine camden guitar marshmallows
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I can't say enough about how enjoyable the experience was and how above-and-beyond the owners go. Look no further and stay here! We are already planning to soend a few days next summer while vacationing near Camden.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Dtrap04, Owner at Ducktrap Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We can't wait for you to come back. We also really appreciate the fabulous review. Thank you.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

Worn out from a long flight from FL via Chicago, we were welcomed by such a wonderful greeting from Reese and Scott. Reese gave us a wonderful bottle of Beringer (my favorite) and invited us to the campfire that night Scott playing the guitar(sounds like James Taylor) wonderful stories, we really felt like we were with family The room was great very spacious , great bedding, pillows, comfortable slept like a baby, water was tasty, shower good pressure Great time when I can will be back, and this time my cousin and I will bring our spouses. Don't miss out on this wonderful retreat. It was a Treat

Room Tip: Cottage has a deck with table seats 4 over looks Resse's garden
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Dtrap04, Owner at Ducktrap Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

One of our goals is to make all of our guests feel at home while away from home. We really enjoy getting to know our guests especially around the fire pit. Your review warms us as much as the fire, and we really appreciate your taking the time to write it. Thank you and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

This was by far the most memorable stay I have had. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and motels and Air BnBs but never have I sat around a bonfire and enjoyed lived music. Our stay was just one night but so much happened from the time we arrived on Saturday evening and left on Sunday morning that we'd definitely would love to stay there again.

Reese and Scott are amazing hosts!
First of all, I had made this booking in the morning of Saturday and made a request for a dust mite free room because I have allergies. I was aware it was last minute and had low hopes but when I arrived Reese informed me that she had changed us over to a non-pet friendly room just to be sure I get the cleanest room out there. Very sweet of her! And then when we saw the room it was like new! Awesome clean and beautiful sheets and everything.

Absolutely love how quiet it was. Had a great sleep.

They have stocked up on games and books for guests of different ages and tastes. I think that's very thoughtful of them as it keeps the guests entertained. There wasn't much time to explore anything but the owners let me take a puzzle home (YAY!!!)

Oh and cherry on the cake was a gorgeous, melodious and warm evening with guitarist and Singer Scott (the owner). He played the guitar and sang for the guests around bonfire. Reese had marshmallows and crackers for smores, which I (an adult) am addicted to :). What a great, great evening it was.

Their recommendations for restaurants are great too.

(I read in a few reviews that the bathtub is the smallest ever. That is true and there is a reason behind it. I just treated it like a shower. so it worked out perfectly fine.)

They love getting to know their guests and are very nice people. Have done such a great job at maintaining the property so well. I'd love to stay here again and again. Highly recommended place.

Hope they keep entertaining their guests and stay happy!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank monalisa22
Dtrap04, Owner at Ducktrap Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Your review is just so sweet. I cannot express how much I enjoyed meeting you. You are a lovely young lady and I am honored that you enjoyed our motel so much. We look forward to you visiting us again.

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

You don’t stay here for the glitz... you stay here for the comfort. It’s a nicely updated older property with a lot to offer. Rooms are clean and nicely decorated with touches you don’t usually find... like a drawer full of books, ceiling fan... and the best towels we have ever had in a motel after years of traveling. Our room had a modern heat pump that was whisper quiet and kept us comfortable in spite of a brutal bout of heat and humidity. Rooms set way back off the highway (Route 1) so it’s quiet. Owners are genuinely nice people who take pride in their property and want their guests to enjoy their stay. We joined them and other guests around the fire pit for some great music. Marshmallows and glow bracelets were included. Prices are very reasonable in an area where tourism means charge the most you can to many. We try to support “mom and pop” properties when we travel at some risk, but this was one of the times we felt truly rewarded. The few negative reviews suggest this is not the place for everybody, but we’ll take comfort over luxury any day—or night!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Dtrap04, Owner at Ducktrap Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Walter, thank you so much for your wonderful words. Comfort is definitely what we are going for, and hope that we can make all of our guests as comfortable as possible. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2018

First off: This place is great, stay there if you're 'on the fence'. No worries at all.

The motel is just on a quiet stretch of Route 1 and you're set way back from the road with a hill and trees in the way, no traffic noise. The beds are great, the AC is new, effective and silent, and the wifi is 50 mbps for those of us who need such things! Plus you get a block of USB chargers too. The decor is very 'quaint' but not at all kitsch or tacky. Just a very nice place to stay.

Reesa and Scott, the owners, are super. For one thing we arrived to realise that I'd mistakenly booked us in for the previous week, and they didn't charge us for the night we actually stayed, which they were well within their rights to do! Lovely people, even if Scott is originally from Liverpool ;)

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Dtrap04, Owner at Ducktrap Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

We do understand that mistakes do happen sometimes and we were happy that we had a room available for you. We appreciate you taking the time to give us such a kind review. Thank you very much, we enjoyed your stay.