“quiet cottage”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Machiasport
Micmac Farm Guesthouses and Gardner House
Reviewed 3 August 2017

three spacious cabins situated on the tidal Machias inlet. a nice place just a few minutes off from rt 1 in down eastern Maine. well, equip cabins (microwave, mini stove, and fridge), a pleasing getaway from the usual hotel room. whether for a relaxing week or just a night to get away, these are worth a look. reasonably priced from summer travel. clean comfortable and relaxing.

Room Tip: all three cabins are nice, # 2 has a slightly better view of water.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Very spacious cabin/cottage tucked away right next to the river. The cabin has a microwave, toaster oven and hot plates. You'll be 5-10 minutes away from a grocery store, take out place or family restaurant. Micmac is quaint spot in the woods, Bonnie is very helpful. It's a nice place to stay.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank MmelaWestchester_NY
Reviewed 21 July 2014

There are three cabins with views of the river (that has 15 foot tides). The cabins are clean, with a well-equipped kitchenette which we cooked eggs and bacon with. The two double beds were really comfortable. Details such as nightlights so you can find your way to the bathroom are nice. I met the owner Bonnie and she seemed very nice. It's about an 8 minute drive to Machias. It is also located on a bike tour loop (http://www.exploremaine.org/bike/downeast/washington-downeast.shtml) that takes one to Roque Bluffs state park. I loved it. The firefly show in the evening was amazing. Reasonable price too.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed in one of the cabins and found the beds REALLY comfortable and clean. The water in the shower and sink were reliable and hot when we wanted it and the tap water tasted delicious. Even though they allow pets in the cabins, you'd never know it. Everything was cleaned to perfection (read no pet smells at all) And the toilet paper was really nice! I meant to ask Bonnie what brand it was, because I'd like to get the same for home.
Although there are other cabins in the vicinity, you don't really see them from your cabin or when relaxing in the Adirondack chairs out in front of the cabin. The distance between cabins provides adequate privacy.
The waterfront view framed by graceful birch trees, was calming and lovely. There is a path at water's edge.
Although very close to town and it's amenities, you can really enjoy the stars at night and the feeling that you're out in the woods. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank StefaniNice
Reviewed 24 August 2013

First off let me say I was torn as to whether to write this review or not. I really want to talk about what an amazing place this is, and the incredible, talented and friendly owners, but on the other hand I wanted to keep it all to myself :)

As it turns out my Catholic school upbringing and guilt won out so here it is:
If you are in the Machiasport area: STAY HERE. Plain and simple. You can check my other reviews here -- I tell it like it is!
My very good photographer friend and I took a road trip in July 2013 wanting to photograph the Maine coast all the way up to the Canadian border. It was getting rather late one night so we stopped at a couple of motels and were not happy with the accommodations. We saw the Mic Mac sign along the highway and decided to call them to see if they had any vacancies. As luck would have it, they had two cabins, not in the main B&B building, but out by the river. We jumped on that as it was now around 8PM. The owner said she would leave the lights on for us, and we could 'settle up in the morning". Wow! I loved it already.
The cabins are nestled in the woods, each cabin is separated by enough space so you won't disturb the others. You park right up front and as it was pitch black by the time we arrived we went right inside. The interior is MORE than spacious. Mine had two large and comfortable beds, a kitchen, fan, coffee maker, toaster, microwave. I mean this was an amazing setup!! I honestly wish I could have stayed longer in the cabin than one night. I've posted images here that you can see.
The next morning, we awoke to a fabulous sunrise literally over the river directly behind the cabin. What a view to wake-up to in the morning! As a photographer, we took advantage of the incredible light and photographed the grove of birch trees being lit up by the morning sun.
Once we left the cabin, we headed over to the main house of the B&B. We met the owner, Mrs Dunn, and another guest that were there. We were invited in to have breakfast with them, which I have to say was just delectable with warm, fresh-picked, blueberry scones, peaches, and coffee in gorgeous china. I fell in love. The main house is as historic as it is relaxing and beautiful. The home dates back to the Revolutionary War. I believe Mrs Dunn said it belonged to her great grandmother. Regardless, we were made to feel at home, and a part of the family. What an experience! Next year, I'm already planning to go back! Just remember you're in the woods so bring some bug spray or some sort of mosquito repellant. This is by no means a negative, just a fact of life of the beautiful summers in Maine
Now: Sssshhhh. Don't tell anyone! lol

Room Tip: Try to book a cabin by the river!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank dallasmorning
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This was our second stay at Micmac, both unplanned and last minute. The guesthouses are exactly what we wanted. They're clean and comfortable post and beam cabins, big enough for a couple beds, a small dining area/kitchen, and a bathroom, not cramped at all. The view out the sliding glass door to the backyard and the river was great (and unlike another reviewer, we had no bugs until dusk, even in mid-July). My wife has dietary restrictions so being able to cook for ourselves is a huge plus. The kitchen is small and simple, but gets the job done. In our cabin there was a 2-burner hotplate, a microwave, coffee maker, sink, and a mini fridge. The bathroom was clean. My only wish for the place is for a larger shower stall. I loved just looking at the structure and picturing myself building a similar guesthouse off in a corner of our property.

We will definitely be staying here again. The proprietors are great, the atmosphere perfect, and the cabins are right up our alley.

Micmac is just a couple miles from Machias, which is a small coastal Maine town compared to those farther south. But it's got what you might need, including a natural foods store/cafe. and a hardware store that doubles as another natural foods store. Also don't miss Joes Sausage when you're in town. If you're into hiking, go to the Cutler Coast hiking trails! Kayaking on the river is another possibility.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jlane510
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My wife and I were traveling to Bar Harbor for a wedding and decided to spend a few days in Machias. Our accommodations at Micmac Farm was the perfect start to what would ultimately be a great road trip to Downeast Maine. Our hostess was incredibly helpful throughout the entire process and we soon realized we made the right choice in selecting to stay in one of her three guesthouses on the property. Our guesthouse could best be described as an ultra-comfortable, charming gem along the Machias River. I look forward to staying here the next time my wife and I take a trip along the Bold Coast. I highly recommend Micmac Farm to anyone looking for a classic Downeast Maine lodging experience. Thank you Bonnie for making our stay so enjoyable!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cperezdc

Been to Micmac Farm Guesthouses and Gardner House? Share your experiences!