“Surprisingly expansive menu in a small Maine Coastal town”
Review of 44 North

44 North
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Milbridge
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 29 July 2017

Following a visit to Campobello Island, we decided to follow Route 1 along the shore back to Mount Desert Island. We spotted this restaurant, and were pleasantly surprised at the quantity and quality of the food. Members of our party had the Parmesan Crusted Haddock, Pot Roast, Sirloin tips, and grilled tuna served nicely seared and rare. All were declared excellent, especially the mashed potatoes. Despite an early time crunch, the waitstaff was very accommodating. There is a popular Pub in the rear of the restaurant, so diners can choose wine, beer, and alcoholic beverages.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

The restaurant and decor looks pretty simple - don't let that cause you to go elsewhere. The food is excellent. Make sure you try the Baked French Onion Soup. My wife had a Scallops and Shrimp Seafood Platter that was super! I had a Blue Cheese burger that was very good - big patty and good beer battered fries. For dessert we got a Blueberry Cream Cheese Pie - to die for. The crust was super flaky and delicious.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

This is someplace that I stop at, just about every time I go through Milbridge. Their food is very consistent and is generally good. All except for 1 item, which is their Fettuccine Alfredo. The Alfredo sauce is terrible and I mean TERRIBLE. But I've tried everything else on the menu and everything else is fine. Most all of the servers are polite and do their jobs very well. And most importantly (to me at least), this is a clean restaurant. You will not be disappointed (unless you order the you-know-what).

1  Thank harryjohnson2014
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Dinner on a weeknight was terrific. We ate here upon the recommendation of a b&b owner. Several varieties of homemade soup, I had con queso soup and wished I had ordered more than a cup. Also had shrimp rolls. Generous portions and attentive service.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Really good food - chili was delicious. Waitress was cheerful and charming young woman. Decor simple, but nice and clean.