All reviews long lake new owners fresh fruit sebago lake b and b small cabin great hosts the main house bed and breakfast pleasant stay summer camp front lawn first floor french toast within walking distance spent nights other guests
Reviewed August 27, 2017

Visited Augustus Bove House August 10-13 with 5 women friends (all seniors) attending a nearby summer camp reunion for the weekend. The host family is wonderful; breakfast is plentiful and terrific; location is perfect; rooms are vintage but much more than adequate; property is wonderful; suggestions for what to do locally were very helpful. Can't say enough wonderful things about the experience. Would come back again in a minute.

Room tip: Spend time on the patio and lawn. Save room and time for the sumptuous breakfast. Buy the jams for sale: homemade.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

The Augustus above House is a great reasonable, historic Bed and Breakfast to stay while getting away for a nice vacation. My husband Mark and I were able to stay in the nice homey small cottage with the inclusion of my dog snickers who was very excited to finally come with us on a trip. The small cottage had a coffee maker, fridge, and even a microwave! Not only were the owners (Carol and Dennis) kind and welcoming but provided a great breakfast which we enjoyed on the spacious porch. Mark is allergic to a few things which the kitchen crew was very aware of and went out of their way to make sure he was not receiving the wrong foods. There was great choices for breakfast as in omelettes and pancakes that were very well made! I was happy to find their delicious homemade jellies and maple syrups for sale making great gifts for my family! The B&B is also in a great location with the stores on the causeway in waking distance that made a nice sunset stroll.

Thank you Carol and Dennis for a great stay! I am very excited to come back again next summer!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lily F
Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

I have always had a hard time finding a reasonable and family friendly place to stay in Maine with my partner Amy and son James until I found the Augustus Bove House Bed and Breakfast. I must start with their Breakfast. The omelettes and French toast were to die for! James is usually very fussy with his meals but the kitchen crew was greatly flexible with making his French toast with a little extra cinnamon! :) We stayed in the third floor suite which was nice and big to occupy everyone and provided everything we needed and more. Our room was thoroughly cleaned up during the day to make sure we had a happy return after a nice day spent at the beach and or nearby causeway stores. We enjoyed the lake view and even went on a once in a life time sea plane ride right across the street! I have been to many hotels/motels/B&B's in my life but the Augustus Bove House is hands down the best out of all!

Thank you to the new owners, Carol and Dennis for a fantastic experience and look forward to seeing you next season!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2017

The Augustus Bove House, formerly The Old Naples Hotel. Absolutely love this place! Been coming to Naples for vacations over 30 years and it's always a delight when we stay at the Augustus Bove House, especially since the new owners Dennis and Carol have taken ownership. Two of the nicest bed & breakfast owners out there! They both couldn't have possibly been any nicer during our stay. The food was delicious, the room was clean and accommodating, and the views over the downtown Naples/Long Lake are second to none. Highly recommend staying here with these kind people. They'll even customize your breakfast just the way you like it. Definitely stay here if a lovely bed and breakfast is what you're looking for!! Thank you again Dennis and Carol. We'll DEFINATELY be back to stay with you folks again!! See you soon.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Amy C
Reviewed July 27, 2017

Excellent location at south end of Long Lake. I have such fond memories of this area and expected a wonderful nostalgic stay.

Unfortunately I must agree wholehearted with the recent review by Sharon HarvardSquare.

Very disappointing rooms, ambiance and breakfast. New owners need to step up and improve or their business will soon suffer. Too many lovely B&Bs in the area which are much better deals at same price.

Date of stay: July 2017