Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Fern Hill Farm when we were visiting family for a reunion. We stayed in both the Mt Washington and the Harvester rooms.

Great views of Mt Washington from the Mt Washington room and the beds were all comfortable.

Breakfast was yummy - eggs and bacon on Saturday and blueberry pancakes and sausage on Sunday. We had some dietary requirements (husband and one daughter have celiac so needed to eat gluten free,
Other daughter is a vegetarian). Amy accommodated everyone.

We also enjoyed our visit to the barn to see the goats and chickens. And Bob shared some great stories.

We will be back.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

Fern Hill Farm B & B is situated off the beaten path and offers a very comfortable, unique experience as a Bed & Breakfast and a working farm in rural Naples, NH. Innkeepers Amy and Bob are gracious, low-key hosts who made me and my two travel companions feel right at home. Our room was simply furnished, comfortable and cozy with a lovely view of the grounds and surrounding hills, as well as a distant glimpse of Mt. Washington. Bob greeted us upon arrival and showed us to our charming room, which included a large, clean, beautifully tiled bathroom with a nice antique-style bathtub. We felt as though we were right at home and it was a bonus to sit in an Adirondack chair on fresh cut grass and enjoy the surrounding views beneath a large shade tree. After a good night's rest, we a woke to the enticing aroma of fresh brewed coffee and baked bread. Amy cooked a fabulous breakfast of crepes stuffed with fresh cherries and wild blueberries, with a side of sausage and orange juice. One of the highlights of our stay was being able to go into the barn and pet the goats in their stalls, as well as having the opportunity to see them being milked. It was a memorable stay and one that I highly recommend.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed May 6, 2017

We booked Fern Hill Farm by email for a one night stopover, the farm is way off the beaten track which was the attraction and we arrived in the evening during a downpour, no one was in! We went to the local town to get wifi and double check our reservation, we made our way back to the Farm and the owner (Bob) was back, he greeted us with the most perfused apologies and admitted he’d not made a record of our reservation. He had a room for us and helped us settle in.

The room was very nice and we were told has a great view over Mount Washinton only the weather was terrible during our stay so we had to take his word for it! The room itself was very comfortable and full of useful information on the area and the history of the Farmhouse.

We were made a fantastic breakfast in the morning of fresh fruit salad and eggs and plenty of coffee, after breakfast we had a quick look around the barn as Bob milked the goats. We would highly recommend a stay here and only rated 4/5 because of the initial misunderstanding

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed October 24, 2016

Honestly, I'm not sure how I should start this review. I have such mixed feelings about our stay.

My husband and I were looking for a romantic getaway, and after reading the reviews, we thought this would be a nice, out-of-the-way spot. We loved that the breakfasts got great reviews and that Amy and Bob made their own goat cheese and goat's milk soap. However, things weren't what we expected.

We came in on a Sunday, and after speaking with Amy on the phone, had made a plan to be there around 4 in the afternoon. My husband and I got there at 4:20ish, and there was no notice on which door to enter, so we went to the side door. It was locked and no one answered. I walked around to the front, but nope...locked. I called and after the phone rang a number of times, it was answered by their teenaged daughter who met us at the side door. She was completely confused as to why we were there and asked what room we were staying in. I had no idea, and fortunately a friend of hers was there and happened to see the note that her mom wrote saying that we were coming in. Her friend then showed us to the room.

The room was clean and furnished with well-loved furniture. My husband and I decided to hang in the room for a while and within a few minutes, we heard a door shut outside. When I looked out of the window, the two girls were walking down the drive to leave. We were the only ones there, and It felt very weird being in someone's home, not knowing where to get a drink or where anything was. (I wasn't sure if we were allowed to just go into the kitchen, and there wasn't a guest fridge available.)

We stayed in our room until after 6:00, and then went down the the one guest area where there were a couple of well-worn couches and a TV. I was really wanting a glass of water, and when I heard voices in the kitchen, I made my way there to see where I could get a drink. The daughter pointed to the faucet and said I could get some there, to which her friend replied, "Well, she needs a glass!" After her friend said that, her daughter got me a glass and some water. (I would have gotten it myself, but I hadn't been shown where anything was.)

We watched TV until 9:30. At this point, we had had no contact with either Bob or Amy. I knew Amy was at work and that I wouldn't see her until the next day, but Bob never checked to see if we had what we needed or anything or to ask us to pay. I was flabbergasted at this, only because at every other B&B we've stayed, the owner(s) made sure to introduce themselves to us and to make sure we had what we needed.

The next day, we made our way downstairs where we met Amy. She was a sweetheart and very apologetic about the debacle that was the previous day's check-in, and she made us an unbelievable breakfast. It was so delicious! Bacon and cheese omelet (with a little goat cheese thrown in), toast, blueberry pastry, fresh fruit, and home fries that were spiced just right. After the incredible breakfast, we played with the goats for a bit, then packed up and hit the road.

I'm truly confused as to how I should rate our stay. The first day was not great, but Amy was such as sweetheart. I really enjoyed talking with her. I'm not sure if I would stay here again, though. I kinda felt like we were in the way.

Date of stay: October 2016
1  Thank vzteacher
Reviewed July 9, 2015

I stumbled upon this place after several fruitless searches to find overnight accommodation near Harrison, Maine. I am really glad I never found anywhere sooner as this place ticked all the boxes when visiting Maine. Firstly do not expect a five star hotel, you are not paying a fraction of the cost of one of them. What we got was a comfortable room with a magnificent view of the White Mountains. The room was clean and exactly as shown on the web site. We also had a dining room, a sitting room and another dining room overlooking the garden. On arrival we were greeted by both Bob and Amy who gave us a warm welcome and a greatly needed cuppa. Bob had to excuse himself as he still had a few chores to do before it got dark as heavy rain had been forecast. Amy also had to go and feed the goats, we quickly volunteered to assist and had the added bonus of feeding some of the latest batch of baby goats, a definite added bonus to staying here in June. This is a working farm and Bob and Amy work really hard to ensure you enjoy your stay whilst working even harder to keep the farm running as authentically as practical. We were going to take our grandson with us this time but we decided the he was a little too young for such a long journey but we are looking forward to taking him there next year and hope we can time it so he has a chance to feed the goats. You can also buy really wonderful goats cheese but if you want more than a few ounces you had better book ahead as it goes really fast once it has matured. Thanks to Bob & Amy for being the perfect hosts and an extra thank you to Joe for the origami bird he made for Kay.

Room tip: The Mount Washington room has a Jacuzzi massage bath and a beautiful view of Mount Washington.
Date of stay: June 2015