“Great Food, Staff Improved greatly.”

Merced's On Brandy Pond, Inc.
Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

When my Wife and I arrived it was 3:50 in the afternoon. Only one other couple was present and yet we had eyes rolling since we did not have reservations. The eyes rolling between the hostess and the waitress nearly had my review given verbally right then and there...but alas I was too happy to accept the snyde "well you will have to eat on the deck". I was happy because the view over the Marina and the boat traffic at the causeway bridge was why we picked this to try in the first place. Guess what folks. The food was "melt in your mouth tasty". Twenty two dollar baked stuffed scallops for me and baked haddock in a lobster stuffing for my lovely bride. My wife's was under twenty. Both meals were the kind to write home about. We had drinks...my Margarita was with their house alcohol and was good. My wife had the bloody Mary with Titos and claimed it to be in her top three best. We ended with a mouth watering slice of cheese cake drizzled with Maine blue berries. Yep, bet you are hungry now. Go and enjoy, but make reservations first.

Reviewed August 31, 2018

My third time for dinner at Merced's on my birthday.
For a Saturday Night in August, we were quite surprised half of the booths were empty when we arrived for our 7:30 dinner reservation.

Jenny our server was very attentive. The prime rib was cooked to perfection & my boyfriends pork schnitzel was amazing! Chef Frank has amazing skills. The local beer was quite tasty as well.

An older couple was seated in the booth across from us. Half way through our meal, the older woman got up and returned with a small dog in a basket. The basket was placed on the seat beside her. She then fed her dog lobster from her plate! The wait staff was fawning over this dog so perhaps he is "a regular" customer. There was no indication of a vest on the dog indicating "service dog". I also doubt a "service dog" would be fed from a table in a restaurant. It’s a well known fact it’s bad manners to feed animals from any table.
Thankfully, myself nor my date, is allergic to dogs. As an ER visit can be very costly.

My date & I had a few questions:
Why weren't any of the paying customers asked, "Are we OK with a dog joining all of us in the dining room?"
Does Chef Frank, who is phenomenal, know about the dog in a basket being fed lobster while seated in a booth?

We both wondered could a restaurant that welcomes dogs, seated in a booth at a table, be the reason why the dining room was half full on a summer Saturday night?
It is unfortunate that next year we will drive the 30 miles to Portland for dining on my birthday.

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

We went here because of trip advisors reviews. I had the baked stuffed lobster. It wasn’t on the menu, but I asked about it! It was delicious. My husband got the braised ribs and loved it.

Reviewed August 23, 2018

Everything is fresh and good. Nothing fancy but consistently good and fun and comfortable. The baked stuffed lobster is my favorite dish. It’s stuffed with fresh scallops and shrimp, little filler just cracker crumbs on top. Cooked right, juicy, tender and tasty. Salads fresh with a variety of dressings always good. Views of the lake. Friendly and casual and good service. Staff is well-trained and eager to please.

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went for dinner and the food was delicious and just what we were looking for at a reasonable price all with a beautiful view of the lake.

Been to Merced's On Brandy Pond, Inc.? Share your experiences!