“Enjoying the Last Bites of Summer”

Freedom Cafe & Public House
Ranked #8 of 28 Restaurants in Naples
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Our family ate dinner here over Labor Day weekend. The deck was full so we ate inside. My husband & son were happy because they could see the score of the Red Sox game. We had a lobster roll, fish and chips, fish tacos and shrimp scampi. Everything was really good!

Reviewed August 19, 2018

Have eaten at the Freedom Cafe several times and always enjoyed my meal and service. Had the fish tacos this time and was not disappointed. A plate full of fish on a baked shell with a delicious guacamole glaze. What a great collection of flavors! Can't wait to have it again.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

Too long of a wait for the deck on a friday evening, but we were seated in the dining area, next to the deck. It gave us the AC in addition to the views out of the windows, lakeside.
We ordered the calamari, which were crispy and hot and perfectly cooked. I love aioli for dipping calamari, but theirs has a smoke flavor which I did not care for. Fish and chip dinner and also the Blueberry BBQ sandwich were enjoyed. I never eat my fries, but ended up eating everyone, they tasted so good.
Also, the server was really enthusiastic and into her job, which made for a great experience.

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

We’ve been here many times in the summer and we especially like reggae Saturdays. We visited this past Saturday and I had my usual Goombay Smash (my companion’s Pain Killer was actually better this time). Also had the haddock Rachel sandwich with sweet potato fries. A nice lunch. I was impressed by the steps the restaurant is taking to reduce plastic waste! The following day I went to a similar type restaurant in the mid coast area that hasn’t figured out that straws should be optional, that the paper wrappings on napkins aren’t necessary, etc. Nice work, Freedom Cafe management!

Only one suggestion, we sat on the side of the deck closest to the band right up beside the building (corner table). When the wind was right (or wrong, as the case may be), we would get the overwhelming smell of dumpster wafting over our table. The dumpster is very close to the outdoor seating—is there anywhere more aesthetic that it can be moved?

Overall, a fun place to take guests from out of town who are looking for a casual outdoor lunch.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

Our day trip from Frye Island, ME on Sebago Lake to Naples, ME was a blast capped off with a great lunch at the Freedom Café & Public House! This lake side restaurant offers food and beverages for all ages! Their dock can accommodate numerous boats and great for a much needed break! Their fish tacos were awesome as well as the wide selection of local craft beers!

Been to Freedom Cafe & Public House? Share your experiences!