See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 11, 2015

The experience was wonderful.
The Guest house sits on a hill overlooking the forest and a breathtaking sight.
The guesthouse rooms are really quiet you can hear the birds in the morning
The service was excellent.
Recommend to anyone looking to get out of their routine in a different atmosphere.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank limorza
Reviewed October 2, 2015

We travelled as a group of friends for the Succot holiday weekend (we've been here before and wanted to return). Halfway between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv and up on a hill, the place is ideally situated for a quick break, a short drive and not having to deal with traffic. In my book that's ten points already! Our room had a little verandah with a lovely view over the fields at sunset and we could hear the Latrun Monastery bells. After night falls the twinkly lights of the coast are really beautiful. We were there the night of the eclipse of the "red" moon and many of us got up at four thirty AM to watch it as this amazing celestial event is not due to occur again until 2033. Because of the clean air and the rural setting (no city lights) we had a spectacular view of the starry sky and the eclipse. The rooms were basic but fairly clean and very comfortable. The shower worked well and there was plenty of Dove washing soap in convenient push dispenders and no shortage of towels. The beds were comfortable. There was a TV with limited channels and the airconditioning worked well. Free Wifi (though not a very strong signal) was a huge plus for the kids (and us). Plenty of cupboard space and shelves but no hangers. A working mini-fridge and microwave, plus kettle and fixings for tea and coffee. Milk was only available in the dining room and in the "club" room that our group was allocated for our communal use over the holiday. The club room was large, clean, with comfortable chairs and airconditioned. Hot and cold water and tea and coffee with milk were available. The pool was included in the price of our stay and we enjoyed using it. It is a good sized pool with shade but is more family-community style rather than hotel-pool style. Our group had full board and all three meals (buffet style) were very nice and tasty, with plenty of refills for whoever wanted. Don't expect gourmet or high quality restaurant level but perfectly good, tasty food. Our group likes supporting a place that works toward co-existence and I'm sure we'll return.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank DTlv
Reviewed September 25, 2015

Hi,
I was at Neve Shalom about three years ago and had a nice experience then.
Today I had a new opportunity to see what good service can do.
A few days ago I saw that Neve Shalom hotel offered a daily stay for a good price with Breakfast included, I read it at one of the most popular newspaper in Israel.
When I called to order a stay there the person who assisted me did give me a different price about 20% higher.
When I stated that I saw an advertisment stating a different price Keren who talked to me over the phone asked for a break in order to check with her superiors.
After fifteen minutes I received a call back and Keren was on the line and she said:
Mr. Mendelsohn you are correct and my superiors approved your stay for the price in the advertismment.
I have to state,
THIS IS THE KIND OF GOOD SERVICE I EXPECT EVERYWHERE
so, I have to give the compliments to Keren and staff for this kind of great service I usually look for.
I will be staying there for one night in a few days, I hope to give them even more compliments then.
Tommy

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tomas M
Reviewed June 30, 2015

The location of the hotel in not bad, considering it is about 25 minutes drive from Jerusalem, and 35 Minutes from Tel-Aviv. The village is calm, and beautiful, but nothing to do in the area, and no proper public transportation.

The breakfast was modest, and I think it's overpriced.
The room was convenient, but had some bugs going around.

Room Tip: Make sure that your linen are clean. Go for a breakfast elsewhere.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Ben A
Reviewed February 7, 2015

This is a 41-room inn established by a village of Jews and Palestinians under the auspices of the Catholic Church. It is situated near the Latrun junction and thus half-way between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. The rooms are plain, and sleep from two to four people. The rooms come with a breakfast which can be described as basic. One can purchase dinner for $17 per person, and it is a good deal. The dinner we ate had plenty of salads and two main courses, chicken and beef.
The purpose of the village is to encourage Jews and Palestinians to work together toward peace. Thus there is a primary school, a School for Peace, and a Pluralistic Spiritual Center. The grounds have many open spaces between them. There are also programs for visitors, such as introductory presentations about the idea behind the village, and longer deeper programs.
Depending on one's purpose for visiting, this is a decent place to stay. One is away from the
busyness of highways, noise, etc. It makes a nice base for biking the surrounding forests. The Latrun Monastery is a short distance down the hill. There is a nice verandah n the reception area where one can see the lighted skyline of Tel Aviv.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends