“Margaret’s Antiques - Lobster Rolls- Ice Cream”
Review of Margaret's

Margaret's
Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Northport
Price range: US$2 - US$26
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Margaret's is a unique combination of exceptional food and a trip to your grandmother's attic in one stop! We serve the best and freshest lobster rolls on the Maine coast at a reasonable price! Our Downeast Dogs, ice cream cones, sundaes, rootbeer floats, and old fashioned hand scooped milkshakes will remind you of summer days when you were a kid. After enjoying our many treats be sure to visit our vintage showroom. It's there you'll find that perfect piece to complete your summer cottage or to give as a unique gift. We have searched estates, attics,and even barns, to provide a variety of antique and vintage selections for you to discover. We are located on Route One in Northport, Maine.
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch on our way up the coast and had the very best lobster rolls we have ever eaten! It is a small, friendly place with picnic tables. The lobster rolls are filled to the brim and overflowing with tender meat, a minimum of mayonnaise, and served with a dish of melted butter. We were told that the lobsters were delivered every day from Machias, where the waters are very cold. I recommend Margaret’s very highly.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have come to Maine for over 40 years, traveling the entire coast. I can honestly say my $16.95 lobster roll here was the most delicious one ever!! There was a ton of lobster meat served on a buttered toasted hot dog bun with a side of melted butter! My husband had s hot sausage with peppers and French fries and was equally pleased. One of the owners took our order, cooked it and served us outside. This place deserves an ovation! Oh and by the way, I purposely waited to review it until I had tried the big lobster pound in Belfast- I’ll comment on that in a different review but no contest!

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Having lived in mid-coast Maine for 14 years we've sampled lobster rolls in a variety of establishments, some of which enjoy reputations outside the State. Many of those were very good, some were disappointing. Nowhere else have we had such consistently satisfying and substantial lobster rolls as at Margaret's. A popular restaurant in Belfast (less than 10 minutes away) sells a distinctly lesser version for $8 more apiece.
If you are planning to consume your meal at the site, there is one drawback. There are a number of picnic tables, but the location is on a busy road (US Rte. 1 in fact) so the noise of passing traffic can be distracting. If possible, I'd recommend taking your purchase back to you home or rental property and consuming it in quieter surroundings. But if the weather is really nice and you don't have a convenient place to go back to, just bring some earplugs and enjoy the food.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

That they are not open on Mondays because we could've eaten here every day of our vacation. The lobster was extremely sweet and tender. I am not much of a fry fan but these were exceptional. Speaking to the owners, they go the extra mile buying top notch frys that cost twice the other guys and get their lobster fresh.

Reviewed August 23, 2018

When we arrived we were greeted at the window by the owner herself. My wife had the lazy lobster and my son and I each had a lobster roll. Fresh isn't the word as Margaret mentioned the lobster had been delivered only 45 minutes earlier...sweet and perfect. Margaret even took the time to come outside and have a chat with us. Don't miss this gem.