“We found quite by accident”

Riverside Farm Market and Cafe
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Oakland
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2018

We were staying in Waterville ME for one night on our way the next day to Montreal. We looked at a few places in Waterville and none looked good. One restaurant we walked into smelled so bad that I thought I might vomit. We left there in a hurry. I searched on my iPhone for restaurants out of the town and found this place. I can say that we felt so fortunate to have found it. It was out on the edge of town in a beautiful setting. The evening was perfect so we dined on the patio and our food was delicious. Where I live we have one of the better steakhouses I have ever been to so normally I steer away from ordering steak at a new restaurant; however, I did order steak and it was excellent. For the price I was shocked at the generous piece of meat (I had enough left to fix myself a bagel and steak sandwich at the hotel the next morning). The roasted broccoli was better than any I have ever had. It was just a wonderful place. Try it, you'll like it. We are from Ohio and if I'm ever in that area again I will go back for dinner. Oops, almost forgot. Everyone that works there were very genial and helpful. Great decision on our part to go there!!!

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank sallieb321

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

I love this place! The atmosphere is wonderful and if the weather is right, eating outside is a special treat.
The menu is full of healthy and tasty options. They grow most of their own vegetables in their garden out back by the grape orchard.
I love it here!

1  Thank Pam H
Reviewed August 12, 2018

We were driving up I-95 and hungry. We pulled off to check for nearby restaurants and this one wasn't too far out of the way. The menu is salads, sandwiches and wraps.

We chose to eat outside. It was a nice large area but quite hot that day. Our waitress was very pleasant. We all enjoyed our meals.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank ModerationForMe
Reviewed July 29, 2018

This was our second tie at Riverside Farm Market and Cafe and it remains a solid choice. The menu is somewhat limited and traditional, but is the value is high. It's not going to blow you away, but it won't disappoint either. The setting is particularly nice.

1  Thank TravelDan11
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

One of the most unique restaurants in the area to be sure!!! A hidden gem that has an adorable story that started it all! You must come and read the articles in the foyer and find out for yourself! Wonderful atmosphere, deck dining overlooking the river, vineyard and garden beds!! Great waitstaff, wonderful wine selection and the food is worth the price!

2  Thank jtmamaof3