“Great views” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mount Agamenticus
Ranked #7 of 29 things to do in Ogunquit
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Excellent trails for mountain biking and hiking.
Methuen, MA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

Just found this spot while renting scooters last year,nice ride.I have hit it twice since then. Nice picnic spot, short ride from town.

Visited December 2011

Orlando, Florida
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Get in touch with nature”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

Mount Agamenticus is a nice place to visit for the nature lover. They have miles of nature trails, viewing platform, and a small nature center. There is not cost but you will need to drive. I always enjoy a trip there and walk the trails.

Visited June 2011
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Happy trails”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

Nice trails for mountain biking or hiking. The ring trial around the perimeter is only about 2 miles long, but is well maintained. Some nice technical sections with rocks, but nothing really crazy.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank jfp1973
Cambridge, Massachusetts
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Great place to hike!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

My boyfriend & I decided we wanted to go for a hike & had heard about this place. It was great! There were lots of great trails. We went with "Vulture's View" to see the great views of the White Mountains & Mount Washington. We weren't disappointed. It was a great way to spend the day. It was so peaceful & beautiful. There is also a lookout post at the top of the mountain that lets you know which mountain is which.
If I were to do it again though I would park at the bottom & hike to the top then go back down. I did the opposite. While it was still great I think it would have been more fun to go up the trail first then go back down. If you are going to do that make sure you find & park by your trail.

5 Thank junebug40
A TripAdvisor Member
“great veiws of the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2004

My husband and I both enjoyed the veiws from this mountain. So naustalgic, as you feel you are stepping back in time when the old "big A" ski resort was still bustling in the 60's and 70's.
The ski resort couples as the resting place of an old Medicineman, who apparently converted to Christianity, as the sign describes above the grave site in the parking lot. I understand that there are riding stables at the top. Something I would have loved to do. I didn't see any signs of this when I was there in July 04. The old chalet still stands and serves as rentable space for gatherings. The old T-bar motor also intact showing signs of age, yet still faintly blue in color. The trails take you though the woods that open up to spectacular veiws for miles. We were lucky to be there on a clear day.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member