All reviewsunderground parkingpenthouse suiteperkins covebagelscontinental breakfastgrand staymarginal wayliving roomsmall indoor poolboiled eggshot tubsister propertycheese and crackerslarge deckwithin walking distanceshore roadfront porch
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Just got back from another stay at The Grand. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The staff was a pleasure to deal with. The housekeeping staff is attentive and rooms are clean, vey clean. Breakfast in the morning is cereal, muffins, toast, pastry, juice, yogert, coffee and condiments. I like it, dont need a huge breakfast, just enough to get me going in the morning and leaving room for lobster during the day. Pool is indoors along with an outdoor jaccuzzi. The pool was great due to the fact we had a heat wave while we were up in Maine 100+ degrees. Short walk to the resturants. Nice rocking chair on the front porch to sit and relax. Like I said on an earlier review. These people that are complaining about the hotel, sometimes you just cant make people happy. Go and you wont be disappointed. Its a nice stay.
Enjoy, FYI take a walk to the Oarweed and have a lobster and watch the sun set!!.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Nrmlguy
innkeeperOgunquit, Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2011

Dear Nrmlguy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hotel on Tripadvisor. Your kind words about our Staff and the cleanliness of our hotel are very much appreciated. We hope your next visit will not be in the middle of a heatwave and that you will be able to take advantage of the outdoor pool and tennis court at our sister property, Pink Blossoms Resort.

Thank you again!

Reviewed July 13, 2011

My husband and I went for our anniversary.We have been going to Maine for many years but wanted something special.And we found it.The staff was very friendly, Our room was GREAT. the bed was a little rough, wish it was a softer mattress and softer sheets. But other than that it was Real nice. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cshanahan
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I am reminded of Mike Myers on Coffee Talk on SNL. "Discuss among yourselves- The Holy Roman Empire- it wasn't holy, it wasn't Roman, and it wasn't an empire."

The Grand Hotel is neither grand nor a real hotel.

I stayed in this hotel with my family for a few days last summer. I was singularly underwhelmed. Although it is billed as a "Grand Hotel", it is really just a motel similar to all other Ogunquit motels. DO NOT reserve here thinking that you will be getting a four star experience that would beat out other Ogunquit hotels. It is a reasonable value that delivers a decent product but nothing more.

The building has a small living room atrium. The rooms are suite like with a living area and small kitchen unit. They are cheaply appointed. The living area does not have a window. The hotel used cheap CFL bulbs that seemed to suck light out of the room.

They have a draconian summer reservation policy- even by Ogunquit standards. I had a family member who was ill and tried to cancel but they would not let me out of a reservation. This lack of sensitivity was dissapointing.

The free breakfast was terrible- watery coffee and institutional danish.

The location was excellent and the indoor pool was a real benefit. The underground parking was also a nice plus.

Hopefully, they improved upon the aforementioned issues for this upcoming season.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank alex378
Reviewed May 2, 2011

My wife and I just returned from a lovely weekend in Ogunquit. We had some trepadation about staying at the Grand Hotel based on a few poor reviews. However, we did book a penthouse suite there and were quite satisfied. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to Marginal Way, Perkins Cove and several great restaurants. We found the hotel to be very clean and a great value. Continental breakfast was basically coffee, juice, cold cereal, bagels and muffins. Our suite consisted of a living room and good sized bedroom each with a 32" flat screen TV. Our suite also had a huge attached sunfilled deck with lounge chairs and a patio set.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mpd444
Reviewed November 4, 2010

We just returned from a 2 day package at the Grand. The package price was more than reasonable. Included two nights with dinner at Clay Hill Farm. If you are seeking a luxury resort than this is not the place. If you are seeking a clean, freindly place with wonderful staff then vy all means this is it. The suites are clean and roomy. The furnishings are a bit outdated but all in all the price can"t be beat for what you get. The meal included at Clay Hill Farm was excellent. Most of the area is now closed but the ocean scenery was fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple