All reviews premium room king charles breakfast restaurant game tables trolley stop main building on site restaurant very nice hotel no elevator aaa discount indoor and outdoor pools off season i highly recommend this hotel separate building ogunquit lobster pound room was large my husband and i
Reviewed July 10, 2016

Stayed here for a weekend last year. Nice clean place, room was clean and fresh smelling. Looked like it had been redone fairly recently. Easy check-in/out at the front desk with very helpful staff. Couldn't find anything negative during our stay. We were located on the South wing in the back so no great view other than trees but that was fine with us. Our room was quiet during a busy weekend.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2016

This is a difficult review to write because there is a lot to like about Gorges Grant. First, the location is equidistant between the two beaches in Ogunquit, allowing you to walk to either. It's also a quick half mile walk into the main part of town for dining and shopping. Second, the lobby area is great with a big fireplace, seating and game tables (chess, backgammon, etc.). Third, the rooms are large with plenty of storage space.

Unfortunately, I don't think I would stay at the hotel again because of the paper-thin walls. If I did not know better, I would have assumed that a herd of elephants occupied the room above us. The stampeding could be heard morning, noon and night (and I do mean, all night). I would blame it on noisy neighbors, but I could also hear every shower and toilet flush as though it was occurring right next to me, which suggested that the issue was actually the way the hotel was designed.

Other cons were the tiny tub in the bathroom (complete with moldy shower head and knob) and outdated looking pool facilities.

Date of stay: July 2016
2  Thank Jess_S_10000000
Reviewed July 4, 2016

Favorite hotel to stay when in town , location , trolley stop, delicious breakfast, quiet, smell of lovely flowers in the spring in the parking lot. very comfortable beds , high amenities, love the Keruig coffee maker

Date of stay: May 2016
Reviewed July 4, 2016

Gorges Grant is located within walking distance of the Center of OGT. Also close to beach. Rooms have recently been updated, indoor pool (rainy day or winter feature) and outdoor pool. My favorite experience is breakfast at Raspberries, Gorges Grant's breakfast restaurant. Great menu, each item very good. My favorite is eggs benedict!

Room tip: Ask for rooms on the second floor. Avoid the pitter patter of kids running around above you.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2016

We stayed just for one night and we truly enjoyed our stay. Beautiful and spacious lobby. Lobby has excellent complimentary coffee all day. Nice pools indoor and outdoor.

The rooms are spacious with confortable beds and good bedding and towels.

In terms of locations is right in front of a trolley stop. It can be quite a walk to the beach if you need to carry parafernalia. While a short walk to town it can be a little dark to walk the last stretch at night.

Overall highly recommended.