All reviews the main house ocean view marginal way continental breakfast bagels assigned parking space front lawn fresh fruit breakfast staff ogunquit beach shops and restaurants short walk perfect location beautiful flowers perkins cove park the car long weekend
Reviewed October 2, 2018

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying here last year for our 29th Anniversary. We stayed in a beautiful suite that overlooked the water. We were surprised by a beautiful champagne and swan presentation on the bed!! The breakfast was delicious both mornings and it is walking distance to restaurants and shops.

Date of stay: November 2017
Reviewed September 23, 2018

We had an awesome room with a loft. Downstairs had ample space with two queen beds, sitting area and plenty of storage. A nice, better than continental, breakfast was included every day. We had two refridgerators in our room which made it very convenient for me and two sisters that traveled with me. We were very close to the Marginal Way which was awesome! There was a heated inground pool outside that we were able to take advantage of even though it was a bit cold. The only cons were the lack of WiFi even though it was advertised as available and the loft’s TV wasn’t able to get the one TV channel I was interested in for the AGT finals. Definately would stay here again!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2018

We have been staying in Ogunquit with our kids at another hotel for a few years. My husband scouted out this one as being closer to the beach and looking well-kept. We are so glad we booked here! Not only is the location so close to the beach, the breakfast was delightful and ample (plenty of seating), the grounds are immaculately kept (the flowers beautiful!), the pool a quiet respite (warm, clean, plenty of chairs, well-kept), the mattress thick and comforable, the hot water plentiful with good water pressure, the staff helpful and friendly. We will definitely return here again.

2  Thank HappyQuilter40827
Reviewed August 30, 2018

This was my first time staying here, but it will not be the last. What a clean, comfy spot overlooking the beach. The staff were great, and friendly. The breakfast was just enough and the fruit was fresh and delicious. Loved sitting out on the grass lawn overlooking the beach at night, and again in the day reading under the shady tree. Upon checkout my car wouldn't start as I left my cell phone charging over night and had a problem with the charging station. An employee jump started my car for me. I never even had to call AAA. What service!!!! Awesome stay. Will be back.

Room tip: Ask for a water view when booking.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Debbie L
Reviewed August 28, 2018

Several weeks back my wife booked a return stay for us at the Terrace by the Sea. We had stayed before and loved the hotel. The booking went well and my wife casually mentioned it was for our 29th wedding anniversary. When we checked in we were surprised to see a chilled bottle of champagne, on a tray decorated with roses with a card wishing us a happy anniversary. What a great surprise! We visit Maine southern Maine a half dozen times a year. Since discovering the Terrace we have finally found our place to stay. The rooms are clean and safe and the location provides a great view and is walkable to both the water and small downtown. The staff is terrific. Thank you, Terrace, by the sea.

Room tip: Room with a view.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple