All reviews ogunquit beach people watch morning coffee small fridge goer porch trolley summer hairdryer anniversary
Reviewed September 19, 2016

We have been to Ogunquit before but this is our first trip to The Neptune Inn. I visited with my boyfriend and his parents and we all absolutely loved our stay here at the Neptune. The rooms were modest but clean and had A/C, a working fridge, TV, and a clean bathroom/shower. The beds could have been a little comfier but honestly they were fine for our needs. We loved being so close to the beach; you really can't get much closer than this. There is a trolley stop here which makes it easy to get around town. The footbridge path is a nice little shortcut to Marginal Way or Perkins Cove. We will be back again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica L
Reviewed September 4, 2016

My wife and I stopped for one night in early September. My parents had spent the week here and we arrived the night before they left to bring them back home.
LOCATION is great for Ogunquit right on the beach. rooms need some updating but for just one night it was good.staff is friendly.

Only reason I didn't give them a 5 star rating is more due to an earlier small situation

my parents had booked for a 4-5 nights stay earlier in the week and we had similar room as them and we ended up with a better price.
We had dropped off my parents earlier in the week for their stay and at that time
My dad asked for any kind of deal on an upgrade at their arrival and the lady even though she admitted she had rooms available and unsold for the rest of their stay was not at all interested in lowering her set price for them. I understand they don't need to or have to (it is their business after all) but it was more her somewhat coldness and lack of willfulness about it that was a little sad. this was my parents 2nd or 3rd stay with them I figured she would at least pull the old let me check with the owner line to get out of it and come back with a no.

at very least give them the room at same price as us!
again their hotel, their rates and their rules.
I guess its all who you get to talk to!!!

besides that situation everything was very pleasant and enjoyable. staff always made a point to say hello if they came across you.
nice bonus : checkout is 11am.

Again LOCATION is awesome if you are a beach goer.
Trolley stop is directly outside of the hotel.so wherever you need to go in town or in Wells just leave the car parked and enjoy the ride!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank simnix
Reviewed August 22, 2016

I traveled for a week-end getaway with a close girl friend and we had a good, solid time at the Neptune. I wish there were a 'good' rating bc 'very good' seems generous as there is no in-room coffee, breakfast, very little in the way of amenities, YET for what you get by way of location for the price it can't be beat! It is so much less expensive than the Norseman which is literally right next door and basically an identical hotel, so what are you paying for? (?!?) Walk right up Beach St and turn right on Main for delicious breakfast pastries and coffee at the Village Food Market, which opens at 630 am. The Dairy King takeout window for veggie burgers and fries is right downstairs. The best thing about the Neptune is that it is situated literally right between the ocean and the estuary—it's all beach! So you can fall out of your bed, go out the front door, turn left and you are on the ocean beach, turn right and you are on the Ogunquit River beach. And the Marginal Way is a hop, skip, and a jump away.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank bluecowboyyoga
Reviewed August 16, 2016

The Neptune Inn is conveniently located within steps of Ogunquit Beach. Rooms were nice and clean. Staff was very polite, personable, friendly & helpful. Loved sitting on the porch at night and listening to the ocean. Short walk to nearby shops and restaraunts. Trolley service pick up is located right outside the Inn and will take you south to Perkins Cove or north to Wells Beach. They offer free WiFi and provide a password, however it was spotty and slow at best. Make time to take a walk along Marginal Way - Beautiful

Room Tip: Call the hotel personally and talk with the staff.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2016 via mobile

We had a great stay at the neptune inn. 2 couples and stayed in room 5 and 6. We overlooked the river side. The porch was awesome...one long porch and it was really large. The rooms were very clean, but definitely dated....didn't mind it though. Lent to the whole seaside hotel feel. The bathrooms were recently updated, small but nice and clean. Was a short walk to the beach and close to Marginal Way. The staff was very nice. If you are coming to Ogunquit, the neptune inn is such a cute place and so close to the beach...a must stay.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family