“Our second visit was just as great as our first!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
16 Beach Street Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #20 of 26 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
Bethel, ME
“Our second visit was just as great as our first!”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This was our second time at 16 Beach St, taking an overnight break from our own B&B to meet up with friends from Massachusetts again. Dick and Linda welcomed us warmly, Dick reminding us gently about where we had to park - which we had forgotten.
We had the same room as the year before, so we felt right at home in the cozy surroundings. We had brought wine and cheese to share with our friends, and Linda provided everything else we needed so that we could relax in the living room and chat.
We love the location - we walked to dinner, to shops, to the beach. Breakfast was delicious! We thoroughly enjoy chatting with the hosts who provide exactly the experience we are looking for. (We can be fairly hard to please!)

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BellaBaggins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Kentucky
Reviewed 29 July 2011

There is only one word to describe 16 Beach Street......."FABULOUS"!!! Dick and Linda are the best. We felt like old friends right away. Ogunquit is our special place and we will stay there from now on!. Our room was immaculate, bathroom equipped down to the smallest detail, it was quiet, restful, and we loved having our afternoon wine and cheese on the front porch people watching. Linda's breakfasts are second to none!! The location is perfect.....2 min to the beach and about 20 seconds to our favorite restaurant. Can't wait till our next visit!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tango201133804
La Jolla, Ca.
Reviewed 24 July 2011

This is our second stay at this property. Please see my 2008 review for additional details.

Brought teenage daughter with us this time and so we needed the two adjacent rooms with one full bathroom on the third (top) floor of the house. The rooms are efficiently sized and if you are taller than 6' 2 " the top floor is likely not a good fit. Also, third floor stairs are steep and narrow (it is an old, restored home). I think the rooms on the second floor would be my choice if they are available next time. That said, this remains a great spot for vacationing on the southern coast of Maine. The innkeepers (Linda and Dick) are so pleasant and accommodating. No detail or wish to small to get their attention! Seriously, they are amazing.

Rooms have nice bedding and are individually air-conditioned.

Great location for walking to the beach, shops, and restaurants. The local trolley also picks up right across the street and makes a loop through town and to Perkin's Cove.

There are several great golf courses near by. We played both of these and they were fairly priced, well maintained, public courses.
The Ledges
Cape Neddick Country Club

We did not make it to The Old Marsh Country Club in nearby Wells, ME. but I heard from a local that it is a great course.

Dinners out in Ogunquit:
MC Perkins - still has great food, service, and view.
Katie's - The best dinner we had in Maine. Excellent server and food flavor/preparation.
Provence - highly recommended but our server was a dud and it brought the meal down. Food was decent but it was my least favorite of the three places we dined.

All in all, a great place to stay and an easy trip up from Boston. We will very like stay again when we return for a third trip to this area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Anrmd
massachusetts
Reviewed 25 April 2011

This will be our 5th stay in Ogunquit and our 5th different B & B. From this time on, our stay will be exclusively at 16 Beach Street Bed and Breakfast! The owners, location, and rooms rates are second to none. Dick and Linda are two of the best B & B owners in the business. The location is within walking distance of 95% of the restaurants and attractions in Ogunquit. We have found a new home in Ogunquit!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Scooter105
New England
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Just returned from a Wine Weekend at 16 Beach St B&B. Fabulous time once again, and such a great deal. As a regular customer (wine weekend March/April then an additional weekend in the Summer) I don’t usually think to write a review. Wrote one first time I stayed but have not done so since, so here’s an update. A bunch of my friends and I make sure we book at least twice a year, we love everything about 16 Beach. Dick and Linda are a joy with their engaging personalities and entertaining stories, “They’rrrrrre GRRRREAT” as Tony Tiger would say! The breakfasts are beyond delicious, and the cookies Linda bakes and puts out on the Porch with lemonade during the Summer? Well, let’s just say people watching isn’t the only reason I like to sit out on the porch with my book! The location is ideal, walking distance from everything .. the beach, fantastic ocean-side walks, restaurants, cute shops, it’s all right there .. my car approves, it gets to rest up all weekend. The house itself is extremely clean and cozy, I have stayed at B&B’s where I don’t feel I can sit down in the common lounge area in case I break something, break out in something, or lest a huge puff of dust engulfs me when I do finally sit down ! Not so here, FAR from it, very comfortable and welcoming, there’s even a TV in the lounge/dinning area, tastefully hidden when not in use. None of my friends or I have ever actually felt the need to watch it, too many other things to do, too many conversations to have with friends, fellow guest and of course Dick and Linda. But it is there for those who feel the cable-urge come on, we actually used it for the music channels. I only left there yesterday and already I can’t wait to return .. roll on Summer.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mate-a-Roo
Amherst, New Hampshire
Reviewed 1 December 2010

Have been coming to Ogunquit for 25 yrs. and now with adult children, like to stay in B&B. My adult daughter/I stayed at Linda/Dicks 16 Beach in Aug. Absolute lovely, lovely B&B; location is outstanding to everything we want to do. The comfy porch is great for people watching, trolley stop across street, main beach is a 5 minute walk, shops/restaurants right there. No need to be concerned about road noise due to location on Beach St. Room has many choices of CD's to listen to but there's hardly noise as the evenings get later. Linda/Dick are wonderful hosts. Go out of their way to accomodate guests (had a dinner reservation & planned on a trolley ride there only to have all trolleys so crowded they would not stop for us. Dick saw us, got his car, and off we went to our restaurant!! So nice Dick, thank you!!). Wonderful breakfasts out on the large porch; afternoon yummies too (thx Linda/Dick). Rooms are beautiful, well taken care of. When you meet Linda/Dick you just want to sit and visit with them all day. Very personable, caring, interesting people. We hope to return next year. LindaM

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank luvz2tvl22
cakesy80
Reviewed 7 November 2010

My fiance and I stayed in this bed and breakfast for one night, which was part of a short road trip that started in Cape Cod, went through Boston and ended in Ogunquit. From start to finish, our stay at 16 Beach Street was great! The owners, Dick and Linda, were so friendly and helpful about recommending various bars/restaurants for us to visit during our short stay. The rooms were beautiful and clean. And Linda's breakfast (citrus french toast with crispy bacon) was awesome! The hotel itself is a short walk to the Marginal Way, a pretty coastal walkway that leads to Perkin's Cove, which is filled with shops and some restaurants. The hotel is also situated perfectly in the middle of the main street and is close to shops, a small food market, great pubs/restaurants and the beach. All in all, we had a fantastic time and would definitely stay here again. Dick and Linda, thank you for making the last night of our road trip so lovely!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple