All reviews blueberry bread middle of town ocean beach small hotel can't beat the location minute walk room service off season marginal way restaurants and shops within walking distance the location is perfect knotty maine beachy luxury
Reviewed January 21, 2017

I have never been so disappointed in a hotel than I was with the Betty Doon. First, we ended up with a room beneath the souvenir shop and I knew immediately that I did not want the room but management was unwilling/unable to switch us to another room. There is nothing "quaint" about mold in the bathroom and squishy carpeting. Fortunately, we loved Ogunquit and would like to return on day. But Betty Doon will not be where we stay.

Stayed: June 2016
1  Thank Lee111163
Reviewed September 18, 2016

First off let me say I was scared to death when I made my reservation and there were not any reviews in about a year. With the expensive prices in ogunquit this weekend and all we needed was a bed to sleep in I thought I would give it a try. Next let me say it depends on a person's expectations with ocean lodging. If you are ok with outdated colors and furniture and a room that isn't super bright and cheery but very clean then this is for you. You could not beat the location, the staff or how clean the room was and I would definitely stay here again. As for the beds, if you're a bed critic, they are not horrible but not perfect. I would definitely say they will suit your needs for an overnight but probably not comfy enough that you will want to bring it home :-) there is a frig in office with cans of soda you can buy for a reasonable price if you get thirsty and there was a yummy blueberry coffee cake in the morning when I checked out. Once again $80 for a Saturday night right down town ogunquit in the heart of everything and just a VERY short walk to beach and marginal way makes it a got to try place to stay!! And don't forget free wifi and it worked great for us.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rose D
Reviewed September 15, 2015

First time ever staying at the Betty Doon Motor Hotel and it was great! Our room was perfect for the 4 of us. I loved that there was a door in between the two bedrooms and that we had separate entrances. Not all rooms are like that but we specifically asked for something like that and it met our needs perfectly. It was clean, quiet, staff was very friendly and the location was the BEST!!!!! We parked our car and didn't move it our whole stay. Beach is a very short walk right down the road and there is a trolley stop right across the street. Also you absolutely cannot beat the price!! Will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2015

I chose this motel because I wanted to be able to walk to the beach and to the bars around Ogunquit. It did not disappoint on that score. The motel itself is a throw-back to the 1950s with knotty pine throughout -- felt like I was at a lake-side camp in Maine, and that was OK. It would NOT appeal to those who want all the glitz and glamour of a motel. The only down sides were that our room was on the third floor with no elevator, it was quite small (again, think 1950s), and it took almost 15 minutes to get any hot water for the shower. But again, location, location, location. Being on my "bucket list" to spend a night downtown in Ogunquit, it served that purpose well. I don't plan to stay there again though -- once is fine, thank you.

Room Tip: Try to get a first floor room. There is NO elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank mdenis46
Reviewed August 19, 2015

A quaint place to stay where your centrally located where everything is. The beach is right down the street. The restaurant and bars are literally all across the way. If your looking for a place to sleep at night and enjoy the beach and nightlife of Ogunquit then the Betty Doon is for you.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends