“Wonderful Ogunquit experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 2 Village Square Inn Ogunquit

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
2 Village Square Inn Ogunquit
Ranked #3 of 27 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Ogunquit experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We have a weekend getaway with good friends each year and 2 VS came highly recommended. It was beyond wonderful! We arrived and received a very warm welcome from Bruce - carried our bags, tour of the inn, arranged massage appointments, directions to various sites in the area, delicious breakfasts, etc. Leaving on Sunday was a sad moment as every moment of our weekend was terrific. We made reservations to return next September!

Room Tip: There are 2 wonderful rooms for people traveling with pets that have easy outdoor access. Also one o...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Naples, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

2 Village Square Inn was the most intimate, homey place I've ever stayed. From the moment we walked in to register, and were greeted by Bruce, the owner, we felt like we were at home. Our room was cozy, with a gas fireplace, a very comfortable bed with soft, soft, soft sheets, Keurig coffee maker, refrigerator, and beautiful decor. It was one of the most relaxing weekends I can remember. The couples massage was awesome, definitely going to do that again! Matt was an awesome masseuse!
The breakfasts were wonderful. We had an opportunity to chat with others staying there. They have a very high return rate. We will be back without a doubt. Feels like home away from home, and will be for us for a long time!

1 Thank Deb B
Standish, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

Visiting 2 Village Square Inn was a Christmas Gift to my partner. Little did I know I was giving myself a gift to be remembered as well. From the moment we arrived, until I was dragged out kicking and screaming, we were treated like true friends. The room was perfect, with a gas fireplace, king bed, and two swivel recliners. The common areas have comfortable seating and a warm fireplace, and there is a kitchen for guests to use whenever they want. Breakfast was served daily, and Bruce truly knows how to do breakfast right. From the Maine maple syrup for our pancakes, to the crispy bacon, it was all delicious. We also had the pleasure of booking a couples message with lessons. Matt was extremely patient with us, and we learned so much from him. We booked our next vacation before we left. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: While not overlooking the ocean, rooms 18 & 19 have a gas fireplace and king size beds. They al...
2 Thank Jan B
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

We decided to get a group together to enjoy the Christmas Tree Lighting etc. in Ogunquit and Kennebunkport. I went on line not knowing anything about this place. I made the reservation and also recommended it to our friends who did the same. I can't say enough about 2 Village Square and Bruce and the rest of the staff. We didn't want to leave. They made us feel at home and breakfast was wonderful. Our friends made a reservation for this Spring before we left. We are working on what weekend we will be back. The rooms were wonderful. We could see the water from our bed.

Room Tip: Any of the King rooms are great
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

This is my second stay at one of Bruce and Scott's B&B's over the Thanksgiving holiday. Their new 2 Village Square Inn is just as wonderful as the Gazebo Inn.

My husband and I arrived ahead of schedule and were able to check in early. Bruce upgraded us to a king room with a beautiful view of the ocean and gave us a tour of the inn. This property sits high on a hill, giving it an unbelievable view of the water. I wish the weather were warmer so we could enjoy it from the cute wrap-around porch.

Our room was fantastic. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was small, but had plenty of drawers and shelves for toiletries. Everything was clean, nicely maintained, and the room was very quiet. My two favorite room amenities were the black out blinds and the keurig machine.

The common areas of the inn are beautiful and cozy. It's obvious the owners take pride in their property and enjoy what they do. The renovated building is gorgeous - pocket doors, hardwood floors, inviting decor, a great kitchen. The breakfast is homemade and fantastic. I especially liked the blueberry scones. My husband and I also took advantage of the nicely edited DVD library, late night bowls of cereal, and grabbed a bottle of (very reasonably priced) wine from the cooler one night. These were all available to us in the common areas - no need to call room service or order ahead. Having access to these treats made us feel like we were at home (albiet a much swanker one than our own!), not a hotel.

All-in-all, another wonderful stay. We hope to go back again next year!

1 Thank smeeshu
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

2 Village Square Inn is absolutely great. The rooms and the whole inn are beautifully decorated, including the outdoors. I would highly recommend enjoying the porch. The Inn is centrally located and within walking distance of just about anything you might like to do in Ogunquit. The staff is very accommodating and welcoming without being overbearing. Lastly, the breakfasts were very yummy...you have try the scones!!

Room Tip: I would highly recommend one of the ocean view rooms.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank K S
Medford, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

My girlfriend and I were looking to take a one-night trip to Maine for a quick getaway. We stumbled across the 2 Village Square Inn on TripAdvisor and after reading the reviews, made a reservation. We were not disappointed.

2VS lived up to all it's glowing reviews. We were greeted by Bruce in the parking lot and I can easily say that he was one of the friendliest, most helpful hosts I have ever dealt with. He took the time to show us around the premises, explain some of the things to do in Ogunquit, and make recommendations for good places to eat. I can't say enough about the warm, friendly attitude he had. This to me is what really set this place apart.

The Inn is in a great location right outside of the downtown area. It's also very close to the beach and a scenic walk away from Perkins Cove. The building itself is very quaint and inviting, from the public sitting room to the kitchen to the room itself. Clean, homey, and pleasantly decorated, the atmosphere made it almost impossible to not feel immediately relaxed. Little extra touches such as your own personal Keurig coffee machine and included bottled water make it clear why these types of Bed & Breakfasts are far superior to a stay at a standard hotel.

For breakfast, we were treated to freshly made Belgian waffles, fresh juice, scones, and coffee. It was all delicious and the atmosphere in the kitchen was very welcoming. Sort of like eating at your grandmother's house.

All in all, I cannot say enough about what a great stay this was. If I could, I would give it 6 out of 5 stars. The next time we take a trip to Ogunquit, we will not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: We chose the King #14, which was very nice. One thing to be aware of is that it's on the ground...