“Warm, Charming and Welcoming!”
Review of Ogunquit Beach Inn

Ogunquit Beach Inn
Ranked #16 of 26 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Warm, Charming and Welcoming!”
Reviewed 9 August 2011

My partner and I live in California and try to visit beautiful Ogunquit whenever we're on the East Coast, but never had our experience been better than this past July, when we stayed at the Ogunquit Beach Inn for the first time. The house was charming and just a minute's walk from the town's main strip (and about a 10-minute walk from the beach). Our room was comfy, and the proprietors couldn't have been more welcoming and gracious. A daily afternoon cocktail hour was hosted by one of the proprietor's, Greg, who was friendly yet laid-back, and made sure everyone felt welcome to join in (or welcome to go off and do their own thing if they wished).

We had been in New York this summer to plan our 2012 wedding, but after our awesome stay at the Ogunquit Beach Inn we've decided to explore the idea of moving the celebration to Ogunquit (where we plan to have the wedding group at the Ogunquit Beach inn -- and save the room with the private deck for ourselves.)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 7 August 2011

The Ogunquit Beach Inn is my favorite place to stay in Ogunquit. Greg and Mike are thw perfect hosts (Greg knows everything and everybody in OGT.) This may sound odd, but I love the fact that everything in the rooms smells faintly of bleach and fabric softener-- super clean! A short walk to the beach, steps from town center, I stay here a couple of times each summer.

• Stayed June 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Run, don't walk to Ogunquit and the Ogunquit Beach Inn! Greg and Mike are the best. This was my first trip ever to Maine and they treated me like a native! I can't wait to return. From the moment I arrived to the day I left, everything was perfect, no request to much for Greg and Mike to accomodate. This was my first vacation alone so I was a little unsure of what to expect. Wow, why did I wait so long to visit the Ogunquit Beach Inn. If you're traveling alone, as a couple, this is the only place to stay!

Bob Paff
Baltimore

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Motivator628
Hancock, New Hampshire
Reviewed 5 August 2011

This is by far the friendliest Inn we've ever enjoyed. The rooms are very comfortable, and had that feeling of comfort and peace, the bed was comfortable and the room was squeaky clean. We were actually perfectly happy to spend a entire day lounging in our room on a Fall rainy day. Greg's incredible skill as a host makes you feel right at home, he's a wonderful guy to talk with, but also perfectly happy to give you all the space you'd like. He knows everyone and all the great restaurants and places to go... he even takes care of making reservations. We truly enjoyed Mike's banana bread in the morning with a hot cup of coffee while mingling with other friendly guests. We like the location and the accessibility to almost everything.
This is going to be our 3rd year to the Ogunquit Beach Inn. It's our "romantic" Fall get away.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I have been staying at the Ogunquit Beach Inn for 10 years. Greg and Michael are consistently warm, inviting and gracious hosts. They provide a welcoming atmosphere at their Inn and are very knowledgable about activities in town including recommendations for meals, shows, plays and nightlife. The Inn and property are meticulously maintained and many extras are provided to guests such as beach chairs, umbrellas, and a cocktail bar. I would highly recommend contacting them for reservations as even if they are full they will happily direct you to other places in town that can accomodate you.

Room Tip: naughty pine, bittersuite, lighthouse room.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We booked a room here well in advance as we wanted to be sure of a good place to stay after arriving at Boston airport from Europe. We advised Greg that we would be arriving late and in his supposedly charming matter he confirmed that it would be fine. However after a drive up to Ogunquit from Boston in the rain, we were greeted at the front desk with an unfriendly "who are you?"and "I'm fully booked!" Luckily we had copied our email correspondance, yet even this only made Greg come up with the feeble excuse" I must have typed the wrong date into the computer because you wrote it the Europen way. " All we can say is that a booking for 24th of June couldnt really be mistaken since even in the
US way of writing dates, the year doesn't have 24 months!!
Greg called a neighbour who was able to put us up- all be it in a room where the bed linen was damp.... We were glad to leave the next morning. Fortunately, this was not typical of the rest of our hosts in Canada and the US on our trip. Elsewhere we had wonderful accomodation, warm welcomes, confirmed reservations that remained confirmed,no damp bed linen and no confusion with 24 months in a year ....

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank SalviZ
New York
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I just stayed three nights at the Ogunquit Beach Inn and was throughly impressed with every aspect of my stay. Wonderful welcome from Greg - the "host with the most", clean well decorated room ( I had the large two room suite - the other rooms are quite small, but comfortable), the tasty breakfast spread, and the powerful wifi. It matches the charm of the rest of this wonderful town,

Room Tip: If you want the best of the best, spring for he two room suite!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo