1,148 results
All reviews surf point marginal way perkins cove ocean view kiddie pool adirondack chairs off season pools and hot tubs ogunquit beach grounds are beautiful the main hotel easy access perfect location shops and restaurants walking path park your car king bed
Reviewed September 14, 2015

We fully enjoyed our late-summer vacation, thanks to the accommodations and ambiance at The Anchorage, thanks to the friendliness and offerings in the town of Ogunquit (which, apparently and undeservedly, is less well known than any other place on the Maine coast), and ... thanks to the exceptional weather. We were settled in three entirely different but equally comfortable rooms, each of which was large enough for our needs (including evening get-togethers). The grandchildren had fun in the indoor and outdoor pools as well as at the beach (a five-minute walk). The resort's housekeeping was diligent, the grounds impeccable, and the atmosphere lively but never noisy. The restaurant, Surf Point 360, was convenient and, in fact, so good that we wound up going there for breakfast, lunch and dinner--and 'almost' having to force ourselves into eating out at some of the wonderful eateries in town. The varied menu at Surf Point 360 was made even more appetizing by the exemplary attentiveness of the waitstaff: we like to thank, in particular, Jai, Jacqueline, Ian, Timothy, Mia, and Jessica!

Room Tip: The 2nd floor Starboard studio suited us perfectly--in spite of a treacherous step-down that caused one of us to take a bad spill...
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2015

Great location, comfortable beds. nicely redone restaurant. I miss the fresh squeezed OJ machine but good food and really nice view from second floor bar. No more "kiddie pool" but indoor and outdoor pools and plenty of hot tubs!

Stayed: September 2015
Reviewed September 12, 2015

We checked in last Sunday over Labor Day weekend. When we checked in I realized I didn't get the type of room I requested. I went to reception to inquire and was told that I was in an ocean view room unfortunately our room overlooked the bar and restaurant. Eric the supervisor came out from the office to talk to me. He explained that there was nothing he could do that day because they they were completely sold out. He did offer to move us the next day. He moved us to a Marginal Way room. This room offered spectacular ocean views. They even moved our luggage for us! Thank you Eric for your outstanding customer service. We also had excellent service from Mia in the restaurant. We also enjoyed our daily conversations with Charlotte at the pool. Her knowledge of the area was so helpful. Looking forward to our next visit. Thanks again for the excellent service.

Room Tip: Beautiful views from a Marginal Way room.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Barb1326
Reviewed September 10, 2015

My wife and I ( both age 59) stayed at the Anchorage in OGT Monday, September 7th (Labor day). We purposely planned on getting to OGT as the throngs were departing at the end of the holiday weekend. It was evident that the staff at the Anchorage was overworked from the long weekend. Not sure why that became my problem. Here are some of the minor problems we encountered:
-The bartender at the bar next to the pool spilled some of my beer on the counter when she gave it to me. I wiped it up. I got my own napkin. No apology. Kind of set the stage for the next hour.
-I cleaned off the table, next to the pool, from the food remnants left behind by the people that sat there before me.
-we went upstairs to the awesome outside deck to have a drink and something to eat. There were about 40 people outside (6:30pm). Some open chairs....but none next to few tables to eat. Went inside to eat where there was plenty of room. There were only about 5 people inside (everyone wanted to be outside!). The doors were all closed to keep the AC in. When I was there July 11th (90 degrees), the doors were open and we sat inside with the ocean air coming in (which quite frankly enhances the view!). Same thing when we were there August 2nd (the doors were all open--about 80 degrees) I asked to have the doors open: "no, it's too hot." I think it was too hot for the staff. they wanted the AC on. It was apparent to me, because 90% of the people at the bar were outside! We left and went to Perkins Cove...sat outside at one the restaurants there. Had a great time and spent about $150 on dinner.
---came back to the hotel at about 9:50 to use the pool and Jacuzzi. Didn't happen. we watched the employees cover them up with plastic (still about 80 degrees outside). would have been nice to hang outside at 10pm....but didn't (couldn't) happen.

The bottom line to me is the Anchorage holds itself out as a true resort. A step up from all the other establishments in OGT. So you expect more. And when they don't live up to expectations, it's very disappointing. We have stayed at the Anchorage many times before. But with their increased costs, minimum night stays, and not a great feeling from the staff, we probably won't be back.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
10  Thank Michael S
Reviewed September 10, 2015

Great family-owned property who consistently invest in their property. Beautiful location on the Maine coast. Room are in good condition and average. But that's all you need. They just built a brand new 2-level restaurant & bar on the property which is beautiful and excellent. Great addition to the property. Staff is great & helpful. Book early in the summer. Very popular place.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family