All reviews stayed in building softball tournament building c different buildings private balcony hot tub two queen beds off season second floor partial ocean view great room old orchard longer stay small kitchenette amusement park room was clean and comfortable next year
Reviewed September 22, 2017

Our tour group stayed at this motel for four nights. This is a quaint motel--not the best; however, we enjoyed staying here. Our room was clean, but we could not control the temperature on the air conditioner. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. They used one of their golf carts to transport one of our seniors to and from breakfast.

Room Tip: No exerior noise on the second floor.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2017

I went there with my daughter and granddaughter for girls vac!!! The room we paid for was ocean front oe view depending on the front desk's opinion. I was referred to this hotel. The initial contact with front desk once I got to the room and saw it wasn't ocean front was all different explanations on beach view ocean view etc. well my 250.00 a nite room was the view of a parking lot and beach grass and cottages!!! Expressing my discontent they did issue me a 50.00 credit for each night. Once settlingin the room we noticed the carpets were beyond filthy, bed skirts the same. The kitchenette was also filthy!!! So what started out as a fun time for my daughter, granddaughter and me became a horrible vacation. on returning home I made several calls to the main office and was repeat lay told they call me back!! Which didn't happen and I called continuously until I reached Ken LaFayette who said he was head of human resources. He was very apologetic and he offered a gift certification to come back to any of there locations to give them another change. I told him I would call my daughter and see if that was acceptable and then called him back and left him a message that yes it would be!!! 2-3 weeks later I have heard nothing from him and I called today and was sent to voicemail.

Room Tip: Don't go there!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank babycakesponte
Reviewed September 18, 2017

Stayed at Waves for a long weekend. We had never been to Old Orchard Beach. We booked it based on the price and location. Room was clean and comfortable. The location is great. We parked the car and never used it again until we checked out. Everything is within walking distance. We are already thinking of returning next year. If we do, Waves will be the place we stay.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

The room was small. The floors were filthy. In our room as well as our next door friends . Told our leader, she told
Office. Nothing done. I took pictures and showed office. Problem corrected. However as PAYBACK cleaning crew turned heat on to full blast o the rooms . Like an oven when we returned at 9 PM that night. A wash cloth to clean bottom of my foot and my foot after my bath. Bathroom 5 feet from end of my bed.
Not a very clean place

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike C
Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

Booked this motel for labor day weekend. It is a motel, not a resort. It looks like they spend all their money making the lobby look like you're staying in a palace. The property itself is very run down and not kept up at all. I was concerned going upstairs with the way the steps looks, not structurally safe. The room was very tight and small for 2 adults and a 16yr old. We didn't go out on the balcony, it looked unsafe and very low railings. (Dangerous). We were literally bumping into each other. Definitely, not worth 200.00 plus dollars a night. No room service. When I called about that at 2pm, I was told that they have until 4pm to come. They never showed up. I had to make several calls for towels, toilet paper and again for room service. We bought food on our last night stay and woke up to all of it totally frozen and it had to be all thrown away. No microwave. The utensils were absolutely nothing to talk about. Upon checking out, I mentioned that we got no room service, we lost 70.00 worth of food. That, I was totally disappointed. The woman behind the desk could have cared less hearing it. I would never stay here again. The property is very run down and it's definitely not worth the 500.00 plus dollars that it cost me to stay there. Look at other motels, if you're planning a stay in Old Orchard Beach.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family