“Great Location & Friendly Staff”

Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn
Ranked #36 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
New York City, New York
“Great Location & Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I recently stayed at the MT. Royal and I had a blast! My husband and I wanted to take our kids on vacation but wanted some down time of our own, well with the convenience of their location and the list of things to do our kids NEVER got bored which doesn't happen often. The hotel has a wonderful staff who was clean friendly and very helpful. The pool is beautiful and I have to say Really Really clean I don't think I saw one bug or leave for that matter, during our whole stay! and I'll tell you it was hot and the pool was the place to be. The only downfall would be that the rooms look as though the haven't been updated ion years, but as I spoke with the manager I found out that some rooms have been renovated and have already booked my stay for next year. All around This hotel is one of my new favorites and I can't wait to go back for some more fun in the sun next summer!

Room Tip: ask for renovated room if avilable
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
oobmtroyal, General Manager at Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn, responded to this review, 11 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate all comments, and look for areas where we can improve. We do have many renovations plans in place, and we hope to implement them soon. Please call us at -----, and we will gladly provide updates, and look forward to planning your return stay with us! Thank You!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 3 September 2011

my family and I spent a weeknight in one of the top floor rooms. The location of the mount royal waz perfect for our beach day and downtown shopping. The service and managment were incredibly helpful with all of my questions. I was impressed with the housrekeepers promptness on getting everything we asked for. Definitely going to come back next summer

• Stayed July 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Having never been to OOB I had to rely on reading reviews & I also probably waited too long to make reservations, so the better motels were full.Location is the only thing this motel has going for it.I guess it's a flashback to the 70's.This place is in dire need of some updating & maintainence.Lots of tiles were missing from the bathroom floor.The walls are very thin so you can hear everything in the next room. We paid $ 189 a night but thankfully weren't in the room much.

Travellers are raving about these Old Orchard Beach hotels

Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I went the week of August 15th, the busiest vacation week ever. The motel was in the middle of a renovation so understandably somethings were in disarray. I was staying next to a horribly rude family and the manager was awesome enough to move us to a better room for no extra cost. The best part about the motel is the location. Literally it is right across from the beach, less than a two mintue walk. I would totally stay here again next year.

Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
oobmtroyal, General Manager at Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Thank you for your comments...I do remember you and your situation. I was more than happy to accomodate you! The staff & I do strive to accomodate all guests needs, and address all concerns. We do hope you will choose us again for future visits! Thank you so much!
Bennington, Vermont
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Room was dirty looking,tiles were hanging from ceiling,rust and scum on shower curtain, In shower the hot was cold and cold was hot. Rug dirty looking and had to hide around till a parking space became available and then it was about 10 doors down from room. No idea when check out was. Not enough covering window. Bright light right outside window. On the good side location was great.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
oobmtroyal, General Manager at Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn, responded to this review, 23 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Mt Royal. I do apologize for your less than satisfactory experience with us. I am concerened about the hanging tile-we did have a major rainstorm recently-and I suspect that may have been the cause ( leaking roof ) . If you could call me at 207-934-2926-I would like to pinpoint which room you stayed in, so we may correct the problem. Parking at the motel is difficult when we are sold out ( which is so frequent in July/August). We have 55 parking spaces for 55 rooms, so there is no room for error. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a parking space for each of our guests in close proximity to their room. Irregardless, please call, so I can discuss your stay with us, Thank you!
Oakland, Maine
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Very friendly and nice people. It was a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to respond! We do have a very high number of repeat, returning guests, who stay with us every summer ( some even request the same room number!) We do strive to make all guests have a wonderful experience! We appreciate all feedback, so that we may continue to improve. Thank You!
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Seemed a little dirty, but it was an amazing location. Every time we went to the beach or the bar or dinner we could come back and change and do our makeup, etc. and it would take two seconds. Couldn't have a better location. We had some of the "updated" rooms and they were still kind of old looking.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
oobmtroyal, General Manager at Americas Best Value Mt. Royal Inn, responded to this review, 14 August 2011
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. We agree that the location is perfect for an easy walk to all that Old Orchard Beach has to offer. However, I am concerned about your reference to less than perfect cleanliness, especially in regards to renovated rooms. We do strive for 100% expectations for all of our guests. Please call me at 207-934-2926, if you would like to discuss your experience with us further. I look forward to hearing from you! Thank You!