All reviews second floor rooms are nice small bathroom free coffee beautiful beach lisa motel oob pier sand
Reviewed September 1, 2015

We have stayed in a few rooms at the Atlantis over the past few years. The rooms are always clean and nicely appointed. The staff and owners are very friendly, the pool is warm, the location is perfect. It is close enough to the Pier to walk, but far enough away to avoid the crowds and noise. I highly recommend choosing the Atlantis for your next trip to OOB.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Becky S
Reviewed August 24, 2015

The room was very small, no way to block the light out, and the noise from the patio next to us (just normal conversation) woke us up. The location is great, with a pathway taking you right onto the beach itself, but the facility itself was nothing special. Additionally, a woman who identified herself as the owner to us was incredibly rude, kept us waiting for over 10 minutes just to check in, and didn't once say anything along the lines of "thank you" or "have a nice stay". Also, when we got into the room, there was a cup of (what I assume/hope was) mouthwash left on the window sill of the bathroom. I would not even return for a free stay. But, if you are just looking for a cheap place to (try to) sleep right on the water, this is your stop.

Room Tip: bring a sleeping blindfold and earplugs
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2015

This was my families first trip to Old Orchard. I called around in July looking for a 4 person room for 2 nights on 08-14 to 08-16. Upon calling the Atlantis they said they had a room available. I told them I wanted the "largest" available room and cost was not an issue. The girl I spoke to said she had a room that was plenty large enough. Upon arriving the desk person was very friendly. I got the key to my room and headed into the lot. The parking spaces were so tight I could not even park my vehicle. The lady at the desk told me I could park across the street at her house. This was an issue because we would be leaving things in the vehicle as the room would not fit all of our items (i.e. beach chairs etc), also I have a brand new truck and would like to keep half an eye on it. So reluctantly we began unpacking our items. Upon entering the room my family looked at each other and said "no way". The room was extremely small, the mini fridge was so cheap that a twelve pack of soda bent the shelf, the bathroom was in disrepair and the shower was just plain NASTY. I sent my kids out to play and I returned to the office. There was a young man there and I told him my concerns. He asked if I would prefer a "larger" room. I told him that the owner had already told me this was the only available room and that we would have to search for somewhere else to stay. He apologized and took the room keys back. I then had to re-pack my vehicle (90 degrees out) and go search for another place to stay. Now half of my first day of vacation was ruined. Half hour later I received a call from the owner of the motel. She told me she would be charging me for one night because I had left. She told me "low and behold" there WAS a bigger room available because she had a last minute (appearently miracle) cancelation. So in other words "like our hotel and deal with it" or pay $200. So that's what your dealing with if you plan on staying here. By the way we found a room at the SPACIOUS "Normandie" hotel with PLENTY of parking!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank mike c
Reviewed August 2, 2015

Atlantis is absolutely a Family place. Anyone that tells me they are going to OOB, I HIGHLY recommend the Atlantis! The rooms have kitchenettes and are spacious and clean! Free Wifi & all units have air condition along with free morning coffee at the office. This was my 15th yr going and I would NOT go anywhere else. Lisa & her staff work hard all day long to make sure your stay is the best experience you could have. Atlantis is CLEAN and has a heated pool along with the beach waiting for you! One mile from the famous Pier, Palace Playland and close to the movies, Portland Mall, Splashtown/Funtown and Bowling. Lots to do! If your looking for a CLEAN and FRIENDLY place to stay the ATLANTIS MOTEL is the place for you!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2015

We have been going to the Atlantis for 13 years.They have always been nothing but Great as they say "Come as Guests leave as Friends". If you have any issues with anything you let them know and if they can fix it now they will, if they can't it will be fixed next time you return.Rooms are comfortable and clean and the pool is always clean and warm. My girls have never been disappointed with their July vacation as long as we have been going. Lisa keep up the good work and see you next year.

Room Tip: I always bring a fan to make sure the room is cool enough, OOB can get hot
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family