All reviews private hot tub ocean view a pet friendly hotel allow dogs warm pool great location right on the beach rooms are clean short walk separate bedroom next year great place to stay amusement park gas grill family vacation enjoyed our stay love this place thursday night
Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

If you're looking for fancy this place isn't for you. If you're looking for a clean room, friendly staff and a spot right on the ocean then its definitely the place. I guess it has been recently remodeled but it still has that old fashioned feel which is what I like about it. Goes along with the amusements and the feel of Old Orchard itself.

Trip type: Travelled with family
OldColonialManager, Jake at Old Colonial Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Our recent remodeling definitely still holds our rustic look and fits with Old Orchard Beach nicely. We appreciate your honesty and business and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed June 27, 2016

We have stayed in the same room, same weekend, same (five) people for 3 years, never any issues. This year after check-in the employee came out to the car and said "Do you have 2 people or 5?" We explained that we were not aware of the fee, and we were unsure who was staying or not but we would let them know when we decided. (We had friends across the street so they could have stayed there.) Why rent a room that sleeps six when they only allow two people? So, we ended up paying $75 extra for 3 people, for one night. Then we asked for pillows and blankets for the 5th person. The room came with 4 flat pillows and only blankets on the two beds, no extra blankets. The man at the front desk told us he would make up the bed for us. When we returned to the room 10 hours later there were no pillows or blankets for our guest. The office was closed. She had to sleep with towels. So not worth paying for her to stay, she didn't get any sleep. If we had been spoken to with respect and gotten our needs met we would have been fine. Probably going to venture elsewhere next year.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

I had the pleasure of checking these guests in. Upon check-in, I asked the 2 girls sitting in front of me if their reservation only had 2 people. They told me they only had 2 people. After I left the office I noticed on our office camera that 5 people piled out of the car with all of their luggage. So I approached these girls and asked, "Do you have 2 people or 5?" knowing I had just been lied to my face. They came up with a story and later came in with $75 cash for the extra 3 people. But that only covered 1 night. I let the extra $75 that they still owed go for they claimed they weren't sure if they would be staying another night. But they did. Unfortunate that these girls were dishonest and I still gave them a break and they had to leave a review like this. In terms of the extra linen and pillows, if these girls would have been honest in the first place with the amount of people they had there would have been extra linen in the room all ready for them. I apologize that the linen never got to you. If you are to book in the future please be honest about the amount of people you have so everything runs smoothly. Plus, we always have extra and different kinds of pillows to make sure the guest is as comfortable as possible.

Reviewed June 24, 2016

Just returned from a fabulous week at the Motel. This year I took my entire family, my son and his wife, my daughter, and my two grandchildren. It is so kid friendly there that it makes it easy for adults to relax. The staff is wonderful, especially Rudy. We look forward to our next visit. Would not consider staying anywhere else.

Room tip: Take visual tour to decide which is best for you.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank pgrandmont01
OldColonialManager, Manager at Old Colonial Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2016

Thank you for that great review. We are happy that we were able to create a wonderful experience for you and your family. We do hope you visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed June 23, 2016

Great place to stay, right on the beach. Rooms are clean and very spacious. We had room #14 was facing the beach and has it's own private porch with a hot tub all yours. Very friendly staff. Close to downtown so you can park and walk to all the attractions downtown. We go here every year for our anniversary. Been going here for about 10 years now we have tried other places but like this one the best and prices are right.

Room tip: they are all good but we like room 14
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
OldColonialManager, Jake at Old Colonial Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2016

We always appreciate our return customers, and we're so honored to hear you come for your anniversary. And yes, our oceanfront with private balcony and hot tub is quite the hit! Thank you for this wonderful response and we look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2016 via mobile

Thank you to the amazing staff at Old Colonial, you all made my husband and I's honeymoon super special! Very affordable, clean and in a great location. Steps away from the beach, less than a ten minute walk from downtown! The pressure from the shower head was great as well, felt like an entire body massage. Excited to come back to this cozy motel next summer!

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
OldColonialManager, Jake at Old Colonial Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2016

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! Congratulations on your recent marriage. We are so glad we could accommodate you during this special time in your lives. We look forward to seeing you again soon!