“Good sized rooms”

University Inn Academic Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Orono
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Stayed here when visiting my son at UMaine. Friendly front of house staff. Lovely reception area....although I didn't like the stuffed brown bear! Rooms comfortable and a good size. Small but adequate bathroom. Lovely balcony looking over the pool. Quite close to the road, but good soundproofing. About a miles walk to the University. Would stay again Breakfast plentiful.

Room Tip: Ask for pool side room

Reviewed 28 September 2017

I appreciate it more each time I visit. Within walking distance to downtown and the University, perched on a slope on the Stillwater River, this quiet inn is ideal for a visit to Orono. I just found out it is dog-friendly too!

Room Tip: River view, the other side is on the parking lot.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2017

We had a great stay. It is a beautiful and convenient location and Dog Friendly which was great since our dog sitting arrangements had fallen through. Easy walk to town, nice grounds with Gazebo on the river

Reviewed 25 September 2017

For parent's weekend at U.Maine, my husband and I stayed at University Inn because it's clean, convenient, and so pretty on the water. We had a hassle free stay and Bradley(at the front desk) is extremely personable. Although, we were looking for an extra roll away bed, they were out of supply due to packed weekend. We liked the breakfast and the swimming pool and the reasonable rate. All in all, no complaints! Thank you!

Room Tip: The side on the water view is pretty nice
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

What a fabulous motel. Walking distance to restaurants in Orono. Very clean, quiet and peaceful. On the river and enjoyable spaces to sit, relax and breathe the fresh air. Walking distance to the college too. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. We have stayed here many times.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2017

The air conditioner did not work properly. I contacted the front desk and the young man said to try turning it on. He was very lazy and acted as though I was imposing upon him. The next day the young man at the desk was helpful and offered to change my room when I returned later that evening. When I returned that evening I could not find the desk clerk and later found her outside my room with another female smoking marijuana. I was not able to change rooms and spent a second night in a hot stuffy room as there are no windows in the room to open. My room was not attended to the second day. The trash can was full and I had to use the same towel as the other towels hanging on the wall were stained. It woud have been nice to have a clean room and the ammenities I paid for. When I left I advised the manager who stated she would reimburse my card 25%. It has been four days and that has not happened. This hotel is in a great location but this is the third time I have had issues with the room and second time I have had issues with lazy staff. I need a hotel to stay at in this area in October, November, and December but do not feel this hotel is worth the money anymore and more than likely will be staying somewhere else now.

Room Tip: Bottom rooms facing the parking lot are old and AC does not work
3  Thank Cheryl M
Reviewed 4 September 2017

The front desk was very attentive, helpful and responded quickly. The view of the Stillwater River and the pool was beautiful from the balcony. Walking distance to town and my relatives houses, along with walking trails in the area, were a plus.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orono
2.3 km away
7.8 km away
Bangor Inn & Suites
Bangor Inn & Suites
#5 of 26 in Bangor

Been to University Inn Academic Suites? Share your experiences!