All reviews beautiful view of the river almond milk hot breakfast walking distance college visit rooms are clean sliding door first floor up to date great place to stay bagels stay there again fridge and microwave staff was very friendly and helpful the breakfast area desk clerk outdoor pool
Reviewed September 28, 2017

I appreciate it more each time I visit. Within walking distance to downtown and the University, perched on a slope on the Stillwater River, this quiet inn is ideal for a visit to Orono. I just found out it is dog-friendly too!

Room Tip: River view, the other side is on the parking lot.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2017

We had a great stay. It is a beautiful and convenient location and Dog Friendly which was great since our dog sitting arrangements had fallen through. Easy walk to town, nice grounds with Gazebo on the river

Reviewed September 25, 2017

For parent's weekend at U.Maine, my husband and I stayed at University Inn because it's clean, convenient, and so pretty on the water. We had a hassle free stay and Bradley(at the front desk) is extremely personable. Although, we were looking for an extra roll away bed, they were out of supply due to packed weekend. We liked the breakfast and the swimming pool and the reasonable rate. All in all, no complaints! Thank you!

Room Tip: The side on the water view is pretty nice
Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

What a fabulous motel. Walking distance to restaurants in Orono. Very clean, quiet and peaceful. On the river and enjoyable spaces to sit, relax and breathe the fresh air. Walking distance to the college too. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. We have stayed here many times.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2017

The air conditioner did not work properly. I contacted the front desk and the young man said to try turning it on. He was very lazy and acted as though I was imposing upon him. The next day the young man at the desk was helpful and offered to change my room when I returned later that evening. When I returned that evening I could not find the desk clerk and later found her outside my room with another female smoking marijuana. I was not able to change rooms and spent a second night in a hot stuffy room as there are no windows in the room to open. My room was not attended to the second day. The trash can was full and I had to use the same towel as the other towels hanging on the wall were stained. It woud have been nice to have a clean room and the ammenities I paid for. When I left I advised the manager who stated she would reimburse my card 25%. It has been four days and that has not happened. This hotel is in a great location but this is the third time I have had issues with the room and second time I have had issues with lazy staff. I need a hotel to stay at in this area in October, November, and December but do not feel this hotel is worth the money anymore and more than likely will be staying somewhere else now.

Room Tip: Bottom rooms facing the parking lot are old and AC does not work
3  Thank Cheryl M