All reviewsbeautiful view of the riveralmond milkhot breakfastwalking distancecollege visitrooms are cleansliding doorfirst floorup to dategreat place to staybagelsstay there againfridge and microwavestaff was very friendly and helpfulthe breakfast areadesk clerkoutdoor pool
Reviewed October 24, 2017

This was our first visit and we will definitely be back. We went to visit our nephew in college at UMaine Orono. The Inn was clean and the staff were friendly. Rooms were clean and had a lot of room. Comfy beds and soft towels. Breakfast is included and had several choices including hot food items.
Really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
University Inn A, Owner at University Inn Academic Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2017

We are so glad you chose to stay with us. Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 22, 2017

We have stayed at University Inn 4 times. We have stayed at other places in the area but this is our favorite. We love the river view, the location and most of all the customer service. Everyone has always been so pleasant! We appreciate all of their efforts!

Room Tip: river view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2017

Our daughter attends UMaine and every time we've visited her we've stayed at the University Inn, we've even stayed there with our 4 legged child and the Inn was very dog friendly! I was very surprised how clean the rooms are especially for a pet friendly hotel, you'd never know that pets were allowed! The last 2 times we stayed I was late on making reservations so we were put on a cancelation list which we were able to be accomidated both times! The only negative thing I would say is that their breakfast isn't so great but everything else was great! We will definitely be staying there again and again!

Room Tip: Ask for a "river view" room!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

So I recently stayed here for a weekend with my kids while visiting my eldest daughter at UMaine. When booking the room and explaining that my wife and I had 3 young kids with us, the person on the phone said that wasn't a problem. They had a room with 2 beds and a kitchenette. That was perfect for us, however when we arrived we found our room only had 1 full bed (which could barely fit my wife and I), and a couch. The "kitchenette" was only a toaster oven, microwave, and mini fridge tucked in the corner of the room. I felt that was a Huge stretch calling that a kitchenette and was very misleading to us. Every other place in town was booked up because it was family weekend so we were stuck. The whole place was very out dated, room had a strong musty odor that drove us crazy all weekend. The only plus, was that it's the closest place to campus and had a pool. Next time we visit her, we will definitely not be staying here. Too many other places not too far, right in Bangor that are much nicer and up to date.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2017

We stayed here for a wedding and they were extremely accommodating. They had a descent breakfast every morning. Great location. You can walk to downtown orono where their are great restaurants. We had no problems at all.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends