“Omakase ~ Culinary Adventure! ”
Review of Miyake

Miyake
Ranked #74 of 642 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Cuisines: Japanese, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Friends and I tried their Omakase , Chef’s choice. It was a beautiful presentation and true culinary adventure!

Next time I’m going to try the bento box!

Ingredients were so fresh. Presentation exquisite.

I also tried the sake pairing with my Omakase

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

One of the best meals we have had in Portland ever.

Had the tasting menu, every course was outstanding

Sake selection also good.

Look forward to my next visit

Have a Bento box at lunch time that people rave about.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Fantastic food and superior service in a beautiful and modern setting. The $75 tasting menu is probably the best option, but the restaurant also offers 4 courses at $58. Expensive sushi, but understandable given the ingredients and the preparation. The house salad was excellent and large enough for 2 to share. The only disappointment was the pork, which we both found too fatty, but to its credit, the restaurant allowed us to substitute the dish without any trouble.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

On a brief stop over in Portland, I had heard about this restaurant and was fortunate to have dined their during a business trip. The food is very authentic and felt that I as in one of Tokyo's fine restaurants. Highly recommend the Omakase tasting menu. Look forward to coming back again. This restaurant is a must try if you enjoy great a Japanese food.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We had just arrived in Portland and needed a good place to eat a stone’s throw away from our hotel. Miyake came highly recommended by my daughter’s friend. We decided on the Omakase and ordered a bottle of their Midnight Moon Sake instead of the sake pairing. What proceeded was an evening of carefully prepared dishes that showcased what Maine and seafood was all about applied with a Japanese sensibility and care. The courses were surprisingly presented simply but elegantly. The portions were right for enjoyment without leaving us wanting more. The flavors were distinctly Japanese but with a few touches of local herbs and flavors. What an introduction to this place! I knew right away I was going to eat well on this vacation!