“Perfect Anniversary Dinner”

The Grill Room and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grill Room and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 632 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: If you’re looking for the best steakhouse in Portland, Maine you have come to the right place! The Grill Room features affordable, wood-fired, grilled steaks, delicious pizza and incredible seafood entrees the whole family will love.Chef Lee Harding has dedicated his life to the culinary arts and focuses on using grass fed beef & locally grown meats and produce in his creations. With high ceilings and a big, open kitchen, The Grill Room aims to please with more than just great food at affordable prices. If you have never been dining in Portland, Maine, it is quite an experience! There are so many restaurants to choose from that only award-winning restaurants, like The Grill Room, tend to stand out from the crowd.The Grill Room is the second restaurant founded in Harding’s “The Rooms” brand of restaurants. Since 2008, the Grill Room has been featured in many of Maine’s top publications as a “Best Bet” for Portland Maine food. Come in and try the now famous beef tartare, or a juicy wood-fired pizza or grilled steak. Open seven days a week, The Grill Room offers lunch and dinner selections with a healthy wine and drink list. Visit The Grill Room today and find out what a Portland, Maine steakhouse should be like.
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Ready for a break from seafood in Maine, we celebrated our anniversary with dinner at the Grill Room. After a complimentary glass of Prosecco, we shared a 21 ounce (!?!?!) ribeye. It was perfect! A lovely spot for our special night.

Reviewed July 27, 2018

We visited here after reading a recommendation in a Lonely Planet guide. The restaurant is very stylish, the service was good and the food was really good.

One thing that I felt could have been improved was a little input from the server on our meal choices. We obviously got a little over excited by the menu and ordered 4 sides between us (2 people), 2 potato dishes and 2 greens. The portion sizes are very generous and we barely touched the sides of them, in reality one potato and one green would have been ample for 2 people.

However, what we did eat was really nice and if we were back in Portland I would visit again.

Reviewed July 26, 2018

My fiancé and I had a late dinner here and we thoroughly loved the place. The ambiance inside and outside was great, food (we both got a steak meal) was delicious and prepared well. Their menu allows you to essentially make your own meal and I really liked that aspect of the restaurant.

The best part of this restaurant, however, was our waitress Delaine. She was hilarious, quirky in the best way, great at her job, and made the night memorable. So thanks Delaine for a great dinner experience. We will definitely come back!

1  Thank Jess N
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant itself is nice and is very cute inside, and the staff was friendly and attentive. Taking a quick look at the menu, I was shocked by the price of the food. I was expecting heaping portions for the absurdly high prices they were charging and was sorely disappointed when my meal arrived. A 21 ounce ribeye with just a side of Mac n Cheese, literally nothing else with the meal, was 51 dollars. A portion of tuna steak that could not have been more than 8 ounces with a side of lobster mashed potatoes was a ridiculous 48 dollars. For 2 people to have those entrees, three beers total, dessert and a side of fries, the total was 160 dollars. With a tip the bill was nearly $200 dollars. The worst part about the meal was that basically none of the other entrees available were significantly less expensive. Everything was in the 35-50 dollar range. The food was good, but absolutely not worth the price. I would definitely avoid this restaurant at all cost unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket. Portland is such a great town for food and this place can easily be avoided.

Reviewed July 26, 2018

Grabbed a bite to eat and just had apps/salads/sides. Probably the BEST beef carpaccio I have ever had. My salad and brussels sprouts were good. French Fries are french cut and were awesome! I am a fry snob. Salad veggies were very fresh. Would def recommend.