“Pad Prik Khing (crispy pork) = poor value”

Pom's Thai Taste Restaurant & Noodle House
Ranked #139 of 642 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$9 - US$16
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: 7 Days a WeekVegetarian - Gluten free - Kids menus availableFacebook: Thai-Taste-MaineEst. 2007
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I usually go with the create your own soup option and have had Pad See-Ew and Pad Thai, but the Pad Prik Khing was puny and saltier than a cheap hotdog. I paid over $9 to feel taken. Please stick to the big soup options (back of menu), as it's the only consistently good and sizable option.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

The food here is typical Thai, nothing really stands out as a must have, the staff was a bit lost when asked for a few things, I have spent a lot of time in Thailand and Bangkok so I know Thai food pretty well - even cook it -and the staff was a bit lost with my requests for chili/garlic paste and it took 3 of them to get me another hot water for tea.... I have eaten here quite a few times, it's probably the best thai in Portland, but still average elsewhere.

1  Thank flyinonthestep
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Let's get this right out in the open: the congenial and beautiful owner Pom is one of the most impressive businesswomen I've ever met (and have told her as much) and I'm regularly blown away what an outstanding job she does. We're talking hands-on ownership here, even if she can't be in all places at the same time, and my wife and I (both professionals) marvel at the quality of food and attention to detail at any of Pom's restaurants (now totaling 4). I said she was impressive. Always fresh, always delicious, always reasonably priced, and always with an extensive menu; these are just a few of the reasons we keep coming back - and the quality is never lacking - never mind the always excellent service we receive, but Pom herself is the star here (or there), as are her restaurants.

1  Thank theghostwriter
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We had a quick lunch- and I highly recommend the butterfly dumplings and the avocado sandwich! So so so good. Service was great and the food was even better!

Reviewed 7 January 2012

My wife and I visited Portland and I looked up on tripadvisor what the top restaurants were and Poms was in the top 3 so we decided to try it. The location was pretty neat and they decorated very well. It had a great atmosphere for sure. However, when we walked in the saw us standing there but didn't really seem to know what to do. Neither did we. We stood there for about 5-10 minutes watching the 2 servers walk around and they would glance at us every now and then. Finally they sat us and after that everything was great. The food was incredible. The sauces they had out on the table were excellent as well. The service was good once we were seated, it was just those moments of confusion when we first entered. I was incredibly hungry so I might be exaggerating the situation.

Very good restaurant overall. I'm sure the service confusion was just a hiccup. If we visited again I probably would not go back, not because I did not enjoy it because I did thoroughly enjoy it, but because there are so many other neat little restaurants that I would want to try during my visit.

1  Thank MrZoob