1,075 results
All reviews armory lounge milk street steam room old port complimentary coffee valet parking perfect location historic building charming hotel within walking distance turn down service two blocks valet service each morning third floor new england shops and restaurants
Reviewed April 5, 2018

The hotel is centrally located in the Old Port. The valet service was very good. The cost for overnight parking is $20. The room (323) was exceptional. Although not much of a view, the room was clean, comfortable, and large. Kudos to the housekeeping staff. As for the Armory Lounge, there was a piano player to add to the casual environment of the lounge. The service was prompt but there were a few things lacking. I ordered a long island ice tea that had plenty of alcohol but it tasted bad. Made me believe the bartender didn't have enough skill. The waitress reached across the table in front of me numerous times instead of walking around the table (delivering/clearing). I ordered the special (steak and cheese sub). It had no flavor and the au jus was just as bad. During the next mornings coffee service, coffee deliveries rattled by our room many times in the morning. This was the loudest interruption all night.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2018

I booked this hotel room without reading reviews first. (first mistake) based on the pictures shown on the site it seemed like the rooms had balconies/fireplaces and nice bathrooms. after reading reviews and realizing that the photos were of a suite room, I emailed the hotel and requested that my room have a window not a skylight (because the reviews people left said some rooms only had skylights for a window. i also requested that i have a walk in shower instead of the bathtub/shower combo. I also reached out to CEO of the hotel and emailed him personally, telling him how much i looked forward to staying in Portland for the first time etc..and never even got a reply to that email which was disappointing.
There is no on-site parking at the hotel and the only option is Valet for 20 dollars added on to your room charge..or street parking at a meter. i was not aware of this prior, not a huge deal but just used to staying at hotels that have a parking lot and also a valet option. After checking in and getting our keys we went to the room to find that i did get a window...that was dirty and had bars across it and could not be opened and the bathroom was exactly what i did not want.. the bathtub.. I called the desk and let them know and they called me back a few minutes later and said we could move to another room.. and as stated in the title of this review..the room was just OK.. luckily it had a panel of small windows across the outside wall that were able to be opened and were cleaner than the previous room so we could actually see out of them.. and the bathroom was a lot more spacious than the room with the tub/shower. I called the desk to request the complimentary coffee service for the morning, and i also requested tea. the lady on the phone asked if we would like some pastries to go with it...i said sure that would be great.. well the morning comes and i open the door to get the tray and find that there are indeed tea bags on the tray..but no hot water :( only the coffee decanter..and the "pastries" that they sent along.. a small corn muffin and some lemon tart thing two very tiny things and not appetizing at all unfortunately. Other than that the room served it's purpose, i am just not sure if i would book there again due to the prices being on the higher side and i could find something comparable if not better and cheaper somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sja813
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Located at the center of Portland, you can walk anywhere from the hotel. It is an old brick Armory building that is turned into a hotel. Interior design of corridors and rooms are not great. Ceiling heights are low and with panel finish.
Staff is very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast is not included and valet parking is 20USD! No free parking available!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2018

This is my 4th or 5th time staying at the regency. This time I was traveling for a girl's trip. We had such a wonderful weekend- the Front Desk staff and valet staff is so always accommodating. We both had the blushing agave massage which was AMAZING. So relaxing- my masseuse was awesome. She knew what she was doing and was so friendly. The location of the hotel is unbeatable, within walking distance of everything you need to see. We had drinks at the Armory Lounge, such a classy atmosphere. We ended the trip with brunch at Twenty Milk Street- great service and delicious food, not to mention the pineapple coconut mimosa! Thank you to all the staff- we will be back!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

Regency and all of the facilities that the hotel offers are excellent. The hotel room was spacious yet cozy with a huge bathroom offering a large spa shower. This room is on the third floor and had easy access to the spa downstairs. The hotel spa was excellent with steam room, dry sauna, and hydrotherapy area in the coed space. The adjoining gym features plenty of space and up to date well maintained equipment. The dressing rooms are spacious with private sauna and steam rooms.
The Armory Lounge in the hotel is a truly amazing hidden space in Portland. Great food and drinks with excellent service.

We would definitely recommend the Regency for all occasions in Portland.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple