“What a surprise to find such a fine German restaurant.”
Review of Schulte & Herr

Schulte & Herr
Ranked #44 of 632 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2017

Very unassuming building and interior and exceptional meals. My wife had the Bratwurst and I had the Schweineschnitzel. We both had delicious potato salad. My schnitzel was superb and really had the German kitchen flavor and texture.

Reviewed October 5, 2017

This is a simple byo restaurant in an interesting location, with a husband/wife team running it. Friendly service, coupled with excellent good value food is the key to their success. The house made bread is delicious, and my husband was thrilled with the rheinisher sauerbraten, every bit as delicious as his mother's! My schnitzel was also delicious, and we were happy to share the house made plum cake, yum! Highly recommended.

2  Thank OpaMarnie
Reviewed October 4, 2017

Small casual and unpretentious restaurant. Simple uncomplicated service. The owners are present. Not a large menu probably a good idea. There is no alcohol so you are encouraged to bring your own wine, which we did. The sausage and meets platter was excellent. The schnitzel is made with pork and was a couple of medium sized pieces (not the large piece that overflows your plate)-however I very much enjoyed its taste and thinness. Sauerkraut was in the style of well cooked but again still delicious. Cucumber salad perfect. The pea soup was superb, as is the bread served. Well done and we will be back more often

Reviewed September 29, 2017

We had a great meal at Shulte and Herr.

I started with a fabulous smoked trout and pickled beet salad and then had the bratwurst. My wife had the pea soup and excellent pork schnitzel. The bread is made in-house and is wonderful.

It is also BYO.

A very casual great find German restaurant

Reviewed August 29, 2017

We arrived for an early dinner, were seated right away, and had our own bottle of wine to share among four people. The bread was hearty and our appetizers of potato pancakes were scrumptious. The people I was with ordered the schnitzel and sauerbraten, while I ordered the fish goulash. We were more than satisfied with our dishes, and had to ask for a few take-home boxes. Still, we had to try two desserts---cheesecake and chocolate cake, which was shared with four forks. We enjoyed the brief walk back to our car, parked on the street, only a short distance from the restaurant. I would suggest everyone visit here for a great dining experience.