“Local Group of restaurants”

Public Market House
Ranked #228 of 632 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Description: Ten vendors under one roof, specializing in locally made food inspired by countries around the world. Including, Bow Street Beverage, Cafe Crepe, Big Sky Bakery, Maine Squeeze, Ameera Bread, Pho Co, Kamasouptra, Sticky Sweet, Daily Greens and our newest business, Maiz!
Reviewed October 10, 2017

Skip this spot. it is just a group of odd fast food. Nothing here we even wanted to eat. Nothing more to say but a waste of time.

Reviewed September 5, 2017

I guess when you are trying to figure out which place you want to try because they all look good, it's a great problem to have. There are different food vendors downstairs and upstairs - check them out before committing to just one place. A snack here, dessert there, lunch at one place, dinner at another. I wish I lived in the area to try all of them! The only downside is that I am not sure if there is a restroom- I didn't see one upstairs but there may be one downstairs somewhere.

Reviewed August 15, 2017

This is located across the street from the Wadsworth-Longfellow house. We went in and got a picnic lunch for a sailing cruise. Wonderful. Best sandwiches and snacks so much better than a chain shop.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

I like this place. Quite a few vendors to choose from. One of my favs is the Daily Greens. They make salads... and the ingredients are real... good... fresh. The salad is large. I couldn't finish mine. And I can eat. The guy there was super friendly and handled my 'special' order with ease. Plus fresh ground pepper as a condiment.

Sarah H, General Manager at Public Market House, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2017

Thank you for reviewing the Public Market House and Daily Greens! We appreciate feedback from all our customers.

Reviewed February 28, 2017

Public Market House is full of great food vendors with indoor seating. It is a food court with a difference. There are many healthy but delicious options including Kamasouptra's award winning soup, Greek bakery with Mongolian Wok stir fry, Vietnamese offerings, Thai sticky rice, Smoothies and soon, Cafe Crepe. It is in an old Warehouse and has charm, friendly service, and terrific food choices.

2  Thank juli368

Thank you for your great review! Cafe Crepe is now open, serving up delicious sweet and savory crepes, locally made coffee and a friendly smile!

The Market added our newest vendor, Maiz, serving Colombian Street Food and Colombian coffees.

We hope to see you again soon!