“Best Sushi!!”

Ranked #184 of 642 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fuji offers Old Port diners a welcoming, authentic Japanese dining experience. Our menu includes more than 30 types of sushi and 40 types of maki rolls, as well as a variety of other Japanese favorites. Diners can choose to sit at intimate booths, in our traditional tatami room, or at our exciting hibachi tables.
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for some local sushi and happened to walk by Fuji. We decided to check it out and it exceeded our expectations. Our waiter, Luis, was quick to bring us our waters and explained the various foods/Sake that they offered. The service was top notch and he was very attentive throughout the whole evening if we needed more of anything. We have been to many sushi restaurants, but this was by far the best sushi we have ever had! I loved that I could have my own roll made with all of the meat and veggies that I wanted. My husband had the Godzilla...it was amazing!! The fish was extremely tender and fresh. We loved the comfortable atmosphere and will be back!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Fuji is an old standby when large groups are craving hibachi. They do sushi, too, and it's pretty good but not mind-blowing. They take reservations, so it's great for a night out and the servers are accommodating of big, loud groups.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

After a quick business meeting I met a two girlfriends at Fuji. We were feeling sushi, and were starving! We were early, the first diners to be seated on a Thursday afternoon, so to have attentive service would not be too much to ask for... so we thought. Hot saki was brought quickly and appreciated on this cool afternoon. But somehow, our wait person disappeared for 15 minutes at a time... each time we ordered we had to wait for her to appear around a corner and flag her to the table to order food. We like to order one thing at a time to see quantity, well, that was a mistake. Food was good, but we ordered 3 dishes and were there for 2 hours and the restaurant still only had 3 tables of guests. I am still befuddled as to the lack of understanding that if you sell more food and more drinks, you will make more money! Last time we will go to Fuji. Must be tourism on Exchange St. that keeps them going.

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

After gorging ourselves on fresh seafood, Asian fare was a nice change. Nice, comfortable Asian atmosphere. Friendly waitstaff. Miso soup was delicious. Ginger dressing on the salad was much lighter and less pungent than at most other Asian restaurants. Teriyaki chicken box was teeming with delicious non-geasy tempura veggies, several sushi or sashimi choices, and delicious fresh tasting chicken. Nice specialty drink choices. All at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

we went here for lunch but I did not want lobster. It was only okay. Friendly service and good location.