“Nice surprise ”

Mekhong Thai Portland
Ranked #189 of 635 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in on a whim craving some Thai food. The atmosphere was welcoming and service was quick and friendly. Ordered a lunch special which came with soup and a small appetizer: excellent for the price! The spice was just right, interesting they ask from A-E on the spice level. The portion size was just right, and the food was delicious. I also had Crab Rangoon appetizer (of course) was a little different than I had in the past but still very good. I will visit again.

Reviewed January 29, 2017

Stopped in for lunch and was pleasantly surprised at how wonderful the food was, the atmosphere, and the staff. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed September 4, 2016

If you like Thai food this is a great place to go, or even have take out. I had never tried Thai food until my coworkers one Saturday, lunch break, brought in take out from here. I loved it. I am a light weight for spicy food so they order food with least amount of spice for me, but the flavors were terrific. Most of my friends had the Pad Thai, but I fell in love with the Thia fried rice with chicken. Huge pieces of all white chicken, with all sorts of veggies, and pineapple in the rice. What a delight.

Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

My wife decided to bring home Chinese food on her way home from work. She passes Mekong every day and she decided to give it a try. Boy am I glad she did! The food was excellent! Their fried rice is the best I have ever had. Egg rolls, and chicken were outstanding. This is our new favorite place in Portland for Chinese food.

Reviewed July 18, 2016

They have a sign outside advertising, two steamed lobsters, $20.95. 4-6 pm. I thought why not. Great price so lets see. I was amazed. The lobsters came to me steaming hot. I had to let them cool a bit so I could touch them. It was the best lobster dinner that I have had in Portland. Lobsters were cooked to perfection. Waitress was on a roll meeting my every need. She had a wonderful personality. I wish I had known about this place on my previous visits or had known sooner on this last trip. I would have eaten there every night. This is a Thai, Chinese, and Vietnamese restaurant. Exceptional.