“Delicious anniversary dinner”
Review of Five Fifty Five

Five Fifty Five
Reserve with OpenTable
Five Fifty Five is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 632 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oak Street
Description: Steve and Michelle Corry, the proprietors of Five Fifty-Five, arrived in Portland armed with a passionate vision and extensive experience in the restaurant industry. Steve began his culinary career as a brew master at several breweries in Northern California. In 1999, he attended the New England Culinary Institute in Burlington Vermont. After graduating in 2001, he returned to California to work at Domaine Chandon in Napa Valley. A graduate of Boston University with a Bachelor's Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Administration, Michelle Corry has worked at numerous prestigious establishments, including the French Laundry in Napa. Together, they have envisioned a dining experience that would combine a comfortable atmosphere, professional service, and fresh, simple, and delicious food sourced locally. Steve and Michelle Corry would like to welcome you to their first collaborative, Five Fifty-Five.
Reviewed December 20, 2017 via mobile

After living in NYC for many years, we have become picky diners. We came here for our anniversary and loved everything. The service was spectacular and the food was delicious and unique. The note wishing us a happy anniversary along with the dessert and complimentary glass of sparkling rose were the touches that made it extra special for us. Great service goes a long way. This place knows what they are doing. We will definitely be back.

2  Thank sprancrdancr5

Reviewed December 10, 2017

My wife and I ate here recently and also did so a year ago. Each time the restaurant was simply wonderful, with superb food and service. Highly recommended!

2  Thank Soxfanfrommaine
Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

We came here for thanksgiving dinner.

The $88 menu was good however there were some items that weren’t quite mind blowing.

My husband and I got different choices and shared each one half way. The starter salad was a little ordinary compared to the rest.

I also found the stuffing side on the salty end. But nonetheless still very tasty.

The pasta in the lobster Mac and cheese was slightly under, still hard and powdery. I couldn’t bear to send it back given the truffle and lobster would be wasted.

Service was great and the atmosphere was very welcoming. We sat upstairs and when confirming the booking the day before, they did check all parties could go up and down stairs.

I wish I could give this place 5 stars though!

Plenty of street parking available and parking lots around.

Would recommend!

1  Thank Justine G
Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

Came here for my g/f s birthday dinner. After a small mix up with our reservation they were able to accommodate and delivered a great experience. Small touches like taking our coats, leaving a birthday card on the table, and offering a champagne toast put this experience over the edge. Food menu is very creative. If you like Brussels sprouts you have to order the side for the table. It’s a large portion great for sharing and soooo tasty. Highly recommend the scallops for dinner. My chicken dish was creative and unique but don’t think I️ would get it again. Didn’t like the ketchup/mustard as a sauce. Made the dish feel cheap/kiddish. (Food snob alert) My only other critique is there is only one option of each type of protein for dinner and not much flexibility. We would’ve both chosen the ribeye steak if we could get mashed potatoes with it. Fingerling potatoes or fries are the only choices. Most people I️ know enjoy steak and mashed so I️ would recommend adding this as an option and I️ think it would improve the selling of the most expensive menu item. Hope to get this next time I️ am back and I️ know my gf will get the scallops again so we’ll be ready to order when we sit. Thank you again for taking care of us!

1  Thank danthemaninboston617
Reviewed November 20, 2017

Amazing braised lamb, mussels to die for, truffled lobster mac and cheese and new england scallops were incredible, and then the icing on the cake was the dark chocolate fudge cake with thyme ice cream and the carrot cake! we sat on the 2nd level overlooking the kitchen led by Chef Kyle. His kitchen executed every dish with such precision and care, so nice to see! The service was exceptional as well. We will definitely be back to 555! Thank you for an amazing date night experience!!