“Excellent Food w/ a Beautiful View”

Diamond's Edge Restaurant
Ranked #116 of 632 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Join us on Great Diamond Island for a truly unique dining experience. Located on the property of historic Fort McKinley overlooking Diamond Cove, Diamond's Edge offers a dining adventure unequaled in Maine. Choose our dining room, our deck, our lawn, or something lighter at our bar.
Reviewed August 26, 2017

The food was excellent and the waitstaff was very attentive! It made for a perfect Anniversary dinner!

Reviewed August 25, 2017

We ordered the bucatini with veggies (and added shrimps for an extra $12, so a total of $29---for a pasta dish), and the blue-cheese crusted tenderloin ($38). Both were excellent. These are definitely Portland prices; and I find them a wee bit high but that's the way it is around here.

Service was excellent------my compliments to our server, Greg. I'd heard the barman say that they were short-staffed that night, but you would never have known it from Greg. He never gave the impression of being rushed, and was excellent on helping me with the wines. Among the three I was considering he was familiar with two, and saved me some money with his well-defined descriptions.

We didn't care for the margarita as much as one we'd had earlier at the bar at the Inn on Diamond Island. Both places charged $9 for a margarita.

We ate on the deck, as my husband gets cold easily. A table on the lawn would be magic.

We were ASTOUNDED at the number of people who came in on the ferry to eat at the restaurant. Absolute hoards. Enough that I'd almost recommend avoiding it in August.

We were on our own boat at the marina. The marina was crazy-busy at lunch, but everyone left in the evening and we had the place to ourselves for a gorgeous and truly special night alone.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

We have dinner here at least once a summer. This year was a bit different from last year. Although the restaurant was booked for later in the evening, we were able to get a table early, so there were not that many folks there at the time. Both my chowder and mussels entre were served lukewarm. I should have said something but didn't want to disturb an otherwise lovely evening for me and my mate. His meal, scallops were rather tasteless and not up to par. We are hoping this was just an anomoly and not to be repeated again.

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

We visited friends in Portland last week. They took us on a ferry ride where we landed on Diamond Cove. The restaurant was right near the dock. We were escorted outside to the lawn for our seats. It was enchanting! It looked like a wedding setting. A beautiful night, delicious food, and a wonderfully patient waiter. We spent over 2 hours there.
Highly recommend for its ambiance and it's food.

1  Thank llstannard
Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

The reviews about "snobbish-ness" and poor customer service are absurd. We stayed on Peaks Island for a week and took our boat over for dinner on a Monday. We had to change our reservations a few times due to weather and the customer service was responsive and professional. The hosts and wait staff were warm, inviting, hospitable and efficient. The lawn seats overlooking the cove are a lovely place to spend time and enjoy a meal. The food is simply amazing. We tried a number of apps and entrees. I can tell you the food is just delicious! The calamari, seared tuna, tomato soup, lobster rolls, fish and chips, paddock special, bouillabase (sp?), pork belly mashed potatoes peanut butter cannolis, lemon mascarpone cake and lets not forget the substantial wine list are all something to look forward to! Honestly if you CAN go there, DON'T miss the opportunity!!