1,299 results
All reviews rooftop bar heavenly bed top floor floor lounge old port valet parking beautiful hotel arts district shuttle service free shuttle room key corner room congress street guest rooms nice stay valet staff coffee maker
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I loved this hotel. Located in a gentrified area with a Starbucks and local art museum at the corner. Courtesy van was available and quick to drop off and pick up at the wharf area. Wonderfully dog friendly allowing even big dogs. Staff was extremely helpful and rooms were clean and spacious

Only disappointment was in house restaurant. Food was good but time consuming and service was not the best. The grab and go Starbucks booth open for breakfast the day before was closed and it was Friday of Labor Day weekend.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
JoeD3755, General Manager at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Holly,

Thank you for your review. Im glad you enjoyed your stay and we really appreciate all of your feedback. We hope o see you soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stay at Westin's all the time and am a big fan. This was one of the biggest disappointments in a long time. Just glad I used points, and didn't actually have to pay for our room. The floors where the sleeping rooms are feel like a prison - locked behind doors, dark and narrow. Our room (on the 14th floor- for SPG members with status) was okay - clean, basic. Nothing to write home about, and we were offered no upgrades. Had to ask 2 times to have foam pillows sent up. And parking was expensive ($35 for a night). The most positive thing to mention is the fitness center in the basement. Spacious, with a decent amount of equipment. One more thing we noticed - the lobby has a ton of stairs. While these is a ramp, for anyone needing special accomodations, it will not be easy getting around.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
JoeD3755, General Manager at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m sorry your stay was disappointing. As a loyal SPG Memebr I can understand how frustrating all these issues would be. Many of the items like corridor size and lack of upgradable suits come from our building which is a 90 year old historic landmark. Please feel free to reach out to me directly on your next trip to Portland so we can get you one of those fabulous upgrades.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After a long day of TSA and airlines I was welcomed by the fact that my room would not be ready till after 6PM...Seriously?
Check in is at 3. Check out is at 12...
The room was ready around 620...
There is an ongoing issue with the points charged for this stay...I responded to a text from the assistant manager with an email...so far nothing.
This is not Westin standards.

Room Tip: Higher is better
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hanskennedy30

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review. I am sorry you had so many issues while you stayed with us. I want to ensure this was straightened out for you if not please contact me directly.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

TL:DR: This is a platinum review of the cat 5 Westin Portland Harborview. I stayed here for 1 night over Labor Day weekend and found pretty good value with some amenities.

Lots of mixed reviews here, hopefully I can set it straight that this is pretty good Westin property near the harbor. A friend tipped me off to this location so I booked premerger at the points and cash value. Now I see it is a cat 5 and will be 35K/pn come 2019. Premerger it was great value. Now it’ll be a harder sell.

Another side note: Maine is famous for hiring seasonal work, the Westin is no different. It’s tough to build solid and consistent customer service if your staff rotates every 4-8 months. My interactions with everyone were positive. They were all professional and polite, but it seems like past reviews were not as fortunate.

Parking is right next door and connects to the property. If you can’t find street parking, it’s $26 through the hotel. While not a deal breaker, realistically for the area it is kind of expensive.

The property itself is historical and quite nice from lobby to room. It gave the impression of a recent renovation. I skated in around 3:30 pm, surprisingly found no line and was quickly checked in by Mina while given a rundown of the property. I chose the breakfast at the restaurant. The front desk has 4 terminals, it appeared they could be well prepared for large groups checking in.

The Westin thanked me for my status with a 2B corner room upgrade. Thanks for that! Highly possible that it’s a premium room, it looked and felt a little more spacious. Heavenly beds, wall closet, tv, coffee, internet was all quality you would expect from a Westin. The room was clean and modern with floor to ceiling window views of the city and harbor, incredible room. Bathroom was quite nice, large and from sink to shower appeared spotless. Almost as if they knew I was coming and would write this review

The location is prime. Your about 1-1.5 miles from most attractions. Everything is flat so walking is easy and scenic. If you’re not up for the walk, Uber to Commercial St maybe a $5-8 setback. Same with a set of breweries in town. There’s more across Portland that we stopped at first before going to the hotel. That Uber would be twice the distance but highly recommend Allagash and Foundation.

Sadly, didn’t get to use the gym but stopped by to share it’s got several solid options. Treadmills are the upgraded models with lots of on-screen virtual running trails, ellipticals, a nice set of nautilus machines, and free weights. They have a separate room for CrossFit and calisthenics with kettlebells. Looked great.

We sipped drinks on the 15th floor lounge taking in the sweeping views of Portland. Great place to chill and relax, it was just missing a DJ spinning some deep house. The cocktail menu wasn’t too bad and prices were average. Service was alright at best, it was incredibly busy Sunday night. She didn’t have time to be friendly I guess. After drinks we went to grab a meal at the C2 restaurant in the lobby. Place was a ghost town with everyone on the 15th floor. Giovanni was our bartender slinging some drinks and food, he had good recommendations and entertained our heckled conversations. Our party tried the burger, vegetable quinoa, and scallops, all were delicious. The best was desert though, devouring both creme brûlée and chocolate mousse. Great service and food, prices were a little higher than downtown but tolerable.

Breakfast in the same location was awesome. Anything on the menu was covered by the breakfast ticket. It was busy but our server Filip was professional and polite. We had the white egg spinach omelet, side of fruit, forget the name but the skillet of eggs, sausage, and vegetables everything was delicious with good portions.

A Westin property in a great location, has some competition from other brands in the area that may win guests over. Platinum breakfast is a win and the rooms, bar, and restaurant are great. The place is welcoming and modern. Really can’t go wrong here. Good value for a FNC, less likely to stay when 40K point reward nights.

Hope that helps, cheers!

Room Tip: 2B corner suite was really nice, I'm sure they have other premium rooms just as nice if not better.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a through review of our property. I appreciate your detail and your candor. I'm glad you enjoyed so many of our amenities whiel you were here. We hope to see you soon.

Regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

I left a review last week about our stay. I had a problem with our bill upon review once I got home. I know I said I would only update if I had a problem but since their billing department (Brittany reservations supervisor) went above and beyond I felt it warranted a second review! Not only did she promptly respond to my email and resolve the problem, she acknowledged the importance of valuing their guests. Well done!! I appreciate her hard work and professionalism. Thank you. What could have been a frustrating process was quite the opposite. I really appreciate it.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
JoeD3755, General Manager at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the updated post and thank you for recognizing Brittany's hard work and high level customer service. We appreciate the feedback.