All reviews old port great location front desk hotel validates fore st numbered room white noise machine valet parking free breakfast self park room was clean pull out couch great room fine hotel street side downtown location enjoyable stay
Reviewed August 5, 2018

We only stayed here one night because unfortunately we needed to be home a day earlier than expected BUT this was a wonderful place. The girl at the front desk was as sweet as could be and even though our room was non-refundable, we were able to cancel one night without a hassle. Our room on the 7th floor had a view of the port and it was so big - kitchen, living room, big bedroom, bathroom, of corse and a little foyer. The AC was great and we needed that since it was so hot and muggy. Breakfast is included and I probably should have waited to write this review until after we tried it but I’m sure it will be great.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Mike H, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Portland - Old Port, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Thank you for your recent time with us here in the Oldport,

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and our staff were able to accommodate you! We hope to see you again next time you're in Portland, take care!

Reviewed August 2, 2018

I had Hyatt points and I used it for this hotel. This hotel was so nice that if I didn't have the points and had to pay for it I would have booked it. It was close to everything. It had a great laundromat we had to use.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Mike H, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Portland - Old Port, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2018

Thank you for your recent stay with us!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your time at our hotel, it's definitely in a fantastic location that's hard to beat in the heart of Portland! We hope to see you again next time you visit!

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

We love the location of this hotel. It’s very close to everything in the port area. The rooms are clean and nicely appointed. The breakfast is what you would expect and they were constantly replenishing the food which you don’t always see.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent stay with us here in Portland, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time at our hotel. We hope to see you again next time you visit Portland!

Reviewed July 30, 2018

I stayed in a very nice room that was the only one left, so it was pricey and very large. But I loved it. This was a suite on 7th floor, nice living room and large bedroom, very clean and quiet. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you for your recent stay with us here in Portland!

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time while at our hotel, especially our beautiful 7th floor rooms! We hope to see you again next time you're in the Portland area!

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

Checked in, got to our room, opened the door to find the room occupied! When I went to the front desk they had no explanation. Although the gentleman was apologetic, there was no offer of an upgrade or anything that made me feel appreciated as a paying guest. I had asked for higher floor with a view and ended up on the 3rd floor with a view of parking garage. Also not even a bottle of water in the room, no vending available. The pool is very very small. No blanket with the pull out sofa. Just really expected better for a 3 night stay at hyatt. Wanted better for $403 a night.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Mike H, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Portland - Old Port, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2018

Thank you for your recent stay with us here in Portland,

I am so sorry to hear your experience had been anything less than satisfactory, I will be sharing this situation with our staff and using it as a training opportunity to ensure there are no mistakes with rooming going forward. Additionally, I will be ensure they are comfortable in issuing an appropriate response to situations such as these so that all of our guests feel taken care of.

Thank you for sharing this with me, we at the Hyatt are always looking to improve our location and services-- comments such as this always help the management team in identifying areas in need of improvement.

I can only hope we have a better chance to serve you in the future. Thank you, and take care.