“Delicious and the service was amazing”
Review of Tiqa

Tiqa
Reserve with OpenTable
Tiqa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 634 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

The chef was amazing and super friendly. Visited the table and had conversations with everyone. The food was delicious and there was a great variety. Even for two teenage daughters. Will definitely be back!

Date of visit: April 2018
DeenandCarol1, Owner at Tiqa, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2018

Thank you for the kind feedback - hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

We stopped by there after a business meeting in the adjacent hotel. The menu and very small and oddly specific, yet not entirely clear. There were 7 of us and we ordered several different choices, not one of us liked the food very much.
Like burgers for example, they were well made but for $13 and $15 per burger you would first expect a larger burger than we got and a much better quality of the ban. Not that the burgers weren't enough they were about size of McDonald's dollar menu although with much thicker patty. Most important it simply wasn't tasty enough for the price.
The rest of the food was the same too expensive if you judge by portion size and not good enough on taste.

Date of visit: June 2018
DeenandCarol1, Owner at Tiqa, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Hi Sam,
I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied, it's something we are truly committed to not happening. Our burgers are home made (be it the all beef or beef and lamb) and should 1/3 of a pound - served with fries or salad. If this is not what you received - please let me know so that we can address internally as well as work to make you and your group whole.

Reviewed June 6, 2018

We ate at Tiqa with another couple and found the food to be very good. there are a good many "authentic" Mediteranean dishes from Hummus to felafel, to kabobs. They also have western foods prepared in Mediteranean style. The service is very good and the management is friendly. The one detraction was a large group of very noise patrons at the bar. They ahd apparently been at the back room at Tiqa for a conference and then stayded for drinks. Our table wasn't far from the bar (most ables are close) so until the bar people left it was difficult to carry on a conversation. A barrier between the bar and the tables would be helpful. The food is definitely worth going back for and they have an excellent wine list with a number of choices that reflect the region. We had an excellent red blend from Lebanon (Xterra Altitude, 2010) which was well priced and matched our food well. We had Kabobs and our friends had crab cakes and a pasta dish.

Date of visit: June 2018
DeenandCarol1, Owner at Tiqa, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2018

Thank you for the kind words and sorry for the large group - hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2018

By the time we drove from New Hampshire to Portland Maine, my wife and I were starving! We saw this eatery and thought it looked like a nice place to eat so we parked the car. Not being used to city living it took us 15 minutes to figure out how to get a parking ticket out of the machine! We ended up asking some locals how to work it.
After that we were greeted as soon as we walked in and sat down to a table. My wife is Vegan and I am not so that always presents issues when we dine out. I am also a very picky eater so that does not help. After looking at the menu I chose the mushroom soup as either nothing else appealed to me or it was more than I wanted to spend for lunch (not having a place to take any leftovers and store them). My wife ordered something I had never heard of.... Falafel. Whatever.. she has to eat it not me! :-) The food arrived and I looked at the soup and thought "this does not look like Campbell's cream of mushroom soup!". The first spoonful I was not sure what to think either. But by the 3rd spoonful I was gulping it down. Excellent! Plenty of cut mushroom pieces in there for sure! Then there was the Falafel sandwich. It was HUGE and came with fries (see pictures). My wife was unable to finish the sandwich, so I cautiously tried a bite. Then another, and another.... Wow that was really good. I tired to finish what she couldn't and I was unable to as I was stuffed.
They also have outside dining but we chose to eat inside. Restaurant was very modern looking, spacious, and clean. The food was presented in a very modern "look" as well. A definite revisit if we ever return there!

Date of visit: May 2018
DeenandCarol1, Owner at Tiqa, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

Thank you for the kind words - we enjoyed hosting you and look forward to doing so again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

I went when they first opened.
Terrible! I tried again, terrible.

The owner isn't in the restaurant business and his wife manages it. Overbooked and under staffed as usual.

The wait staff bust their butts trying to keep up but couldn't. Tables walked out, many tables were comped free dessert, but after waiting 2 hours for food, they just wanted to run out of there like we did. (We took ours to go)

For a very expensive meal, you can do much better than this poorly run and overbooked restaurant. It is full only because of tourists, locals like myself might give it 2 opportunities, that's it.

Date of visit: May 2018
DeenandCarol1, Owner at Tiqa, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

Nitro,
Appreciate the comment about our staff - they are amazing and work hard to make sure all guests have a great experience - we are immensely proud of each and everyone of them. We did have an exceptional busy night, mainly due to many walk ins and agree that service was slow that evening - something we deeply regret. As clear by the hundreds of reviews we have received over the last three an half years - your experience is the exception not the rule - and is of course something we aim to avoid. Not sure how owning and operating a restaurant for three and half years makes us not in the restaurant business. We are locals who live in Portland and our restaurant is outside of the main tourist areas. The vast majority of our guests our locals and we are immensely grateful for their patronage.