“Terrific Thai!”

Ranked #71 of 634 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: We sold our other restaurant and now only have one Saeng Thai House on 921 Congress St! Please come visit us and the same old crew!
Reviewed March 13, 2017

A small spot that serves amazing Thai food. Very clean. The staff was very attentive. The chef was clad in gloves an d hair net. The food was exceptional. Good portions. Food was made to order allowing the diner to determine the level of heat.

Reviewed February 28, 2017 via mobile

After 5 visits I can confidently say this little corner Thai place never disappoints. With a large and diverse menu, lots of seafood-based dishes at low prices, you're sure to find something good. (The dumplings and 'Andaman Madness' are particularly good.) The service is outstanding--fast and the staff is incredibly friendly.

The only downside is the non-descript decor and the limited number of seats, but that's probably how they keep their prices so low. In a city with lots of great Thai, it's still a stand-out.

Reviewed February 18, 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for the first time and we loved it! We all ordered different items and all were excellent. We will be coming back again.

Reviewed February 1, 2017

Saeng Thai is located on Congress Street and parking can be a challenge, but it is one of the best Thai restaurants I have ever visited.

On a recent visit, a weekday for lunch, my guest and I were seated immediately and served tea as we checked out the menu. It is a fairly small place, with large windows along the street and is tastefully decorated.

We got Chicken Pad Thai and Pineapple Thai Rice and I cannot speak for the rest of the menu, but these were two of the best Thai entrees I have ever eaten. The ingredients were extremely fresh and the seasoning were excellent. The presentation was almost as good as the food tasted. Good service also. Prices are about on par with other Thai restaurants.

I highly recommend this place - it is a little gem in the heart of Portland.

Reviewed November 27, 2016

I've only ever had take-out from this place so I can't speak to the dining room but I can say that for consistent quality and fresh food this place is tops. Their fresh rolls are always tidy and filled with the perfect mix of veggies and I've never been disappointed by anything I've ordered over the years. I do keep going back to my old favorite, the Pad Thai, but I love the Rama Garden as well.