1,593 results
All reviews evening reception omelet station managers reception omelet chef made to order omelets close to the airport an airport hotel cheese and crackers two room suite cocktail hour complimentary breakfast pool and hot tub living area minute drive breakfast staff excellent stay great place to stay
Reviewed June 2, 2016

Everything was dynamite perfect area the staff was unbelievable extremely helpful the gym was perfect pool Jacuzzi we would definitely go back. The front desk people couldn't of been more helpful the night guys Alan and Carl super helpful I couldn't thank them enough for what they've done to help my family, the "omelet chef" in the morning was super friendly the whole breakfast staff was very polite and helpful. The front desk staff very helpful with anything.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
EmbassyPortlandGM, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2016

Dear Whalers,

Wow! Thank you for visiting us at the Embassy. I am so thrilled you had a dynamite stay! We appreciate all the great feedback. Our night crew is fabulous! Carl and Alan are such a great team at our hotel. Our "Omelet Chef" is amazing and enjoys serving every one of our guests in the morning. I hope to see you on your "7th anniversary" or sooner. The summer in the Portland area is great, with all the surrounding beaches and attractions.

Reviewed May 31, 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at Embassy Suites. The complimentary breakfast and evening reception was great. The hotel had an indoor pool and free airport shuttle. The rooms are a good in size and the king size bed was comfortable. Each member of the staff were friendly and knowledgeable about things to do in the area. The only down fall was that the sofa in the sitting area of the room had dog hair on it, and was there for our entire stay at the hotel.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Malika C,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and Manager's Reception in the evening. Our staff is awesome and enjoy making sure each and every guest experiences the great attractions of Portland. I apologize for the condition of the sitting area especially the sofa. We do not want that to be a downfall at your next visit with us, and will make sure that it will not occur again. Thank you again for your feedback, and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 31, 2016

I would like to express my thanks and appreciation for the service and care I received at Embassy Suites Hotel from May 19 through May 24, 2016. I was there to attend my graduation from University of New England and also a mini vacation. I wanted it to be perfect and your staff did not disappoint me. Your entire front desk staff exuded the essence of great hospitality! They were extremely knowledgeable about things to do in Maine such as The Scenic Route Maine Tours (City & Lighthouse Tour and The Victoria Mansion), in which, I thoroughly enjoyed. Staying in the Embassy Suites Hotel actually enhanced our vacation experience. Every staff member with whom we came in contact was attentive and kind. We had a wonderful one-week mini vacation, and I have recommended the Embassy Suites Hotel to all of my colleagues, friends, and family. Thank you again for such outstanding service. There is one thing that I would like to mention in regards to the room, specifically the bathroom. I was disappointed with the odor emitted from the shower curtain; however, it is nothing that a little Lysol could not take care of . I would recommend that the staff wash the shower curtains periodically, due to the strong, old, mildew smell that it emitted. Sincerely, T. Washington

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Taneasha W,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! It is so wonderful to hear how great your stay was with us at the Embassy. The staff at our hotel is amazing! I am glad you got a chance to explore Portland, especially the Lighthouse Tour. Next time, if you get a chance, they have great lobster tours and you get to eat the lobsters too... There are so many small quaint shops, and great restaurants to try out. Thank you for your input regarding the condition of the bathroom and apologize that it was not acceptable. We will correct that problem and take a closer look at the situation. Congratulations on your graduation of UNE! What a great accomplishment. Hope you find time to come back for another mini vacation.

Reviewed May 29, 2016

Selected this hotel for participating in HHonors and were very pleased with the stay. Started with a very friendly welcome from Kristen at the front desk. With Hilton, you get free water bottles at check in and as a part of the Premium Level rate, received snacks in the room such as potato chips and candy which were refreshed daily as well as some soft drinks. The Premium level rate provides you with better linens, a keurig in the room, and faster internet access. The living room portion of the room was very comfortable as was the bed. The bathroom itself is a little bit tight though. In the morning there was a substantial breakfast buffet and in the evening, including the weekends, there was a manager's reception that included complimentary alcoholic beverages and cheeses, salads, and other snack items. The gym was also more than adequate with a few free weights, ellipticals and treadmills. It was a bit odd though, because to get to the pool, you had to go through the gym. Just an extra note, this a very family friendly hotel and as such there are A LOT of kidos running around. Also, only two elevators for the entire hotel which get busy. All in all, a great place to stay and would most assuredly pick this hotel again for the frequent visits to the area.

Stayed: May 2016
EmbassyPortlandGM, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2016

Dear
Trevor S,

Thank you so much for giving us a great review! I am so happy that Kristen took care of you. She is an amazing asset to our front desk team. Glad you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and the Manager's Reception is a great way to mingle and enjoy time with the family. We value our Hilton Honor members and we appreciate all the feedback given. Hope to have you back here again in Portland!

Jennifer Leclair

Reviewed May 29, 2016 via mobile

We had to make a past minute hotel reservation when my mother in law end up in the hospital. I have a 3 year old and 5 year old. They needed to stay occupied while my husband went to the hospital. The room was great with 2 rooms and 2 tvs. It came with free snacks (candy and chips), soda, water and free RED BULL!!! I'm a red bull fiend and it is perfect. There is an appetizer and drink happy hour. A movie package with popcorn you can add on to be cheaper then renting one last minute. The hotel staff was impressive. My boys were fighting over the Orange juice and Reeses. They gave us another free.
Anyways, a bad situation was made much better by this hotel. The view of the airport entertained my kids and the pool was fantastic. Definite 5 stars earned

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Dear Whit 135,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. What a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the hotel with your two young children. The Embassy is a great place for families, and we strive to make sure each and every guest is happy and enjoying their stay with us. Yes, I too love the Red Bull! Hope we get to have you back again, and hope all is well with your mother in law.