Fireside Inn & Suites Portland
  • Free Internet
Inn at Portland(Portland)
Clarion Hotel(Portland)
View Hotel
Comfort Inn Airport(South Portland)
View Hotel
Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks(South Portland)
View Hotel
All reviewswhoopie piesoutdoor poolcontinental breakfastroom was cleanhot tubchecking inyogurthotel restaurantking bedfireplacerateskeurigsaunarefrigerator
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We had meetings all over the Portland area plus one in Boston - this Hotel is very well situated, so easy to get onto the Maine Turnpike. The room was more than adequate, it was clean the bed was comfortable there was plenty of hot water and we got a great rate. Please note that I just sleep at a Hotel I do not think of it as a destination. We did not eat at the Hotel (there are plenty of restaurants across the road), we did eat breakfast one morning definitely not too inspiring.

Room Tip: We had an inner room facing the pool which was quiet (may not be the same in Summer).
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We were flying out the next morning really early so we came to stay over night to get a good night's rest. The people checking us in were very friendly. They even gave us delicious whoopie pies at check in. How's that for a welcome :). We enjoyed the pool as we unwound from our long drive. The beds were extremely comfortable. They had some sort of padding on them. We got up early and the shuttle van took us over to the airport. The driver, Mark, was very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed one night at the Fireside Inn and Suites in Portland Me for business this week. The room was payed for so I do not know the price but they seemed to offer around $100 a night on most travel websites. The entire property needs a thorough cleaning and updating the common areas seem clean but the room needed a good cleaning. The furniture is very dated and there was mold on the bathroom ceiling, behind the bed was filthy. The TV was a Zenith from who knows how long ago and had a terrible picture. The only saving grace for this hotel was the excellent customer service I received. The staff I encountered were both welcoming and helpful. Aaron at the front desk was very helpful in solving an internet problem I was having, he went above and beyond to make sure the problem was solved. This property would have redeived a 2 star rating if not for the great attitude of the staff members.

2  Thank Kurt R
firesideinnportland, Front Office Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Portland, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback, we appreciate it! We are glad to hear you received outstanding service from our staff. They work hard to ensure you have a pleasurable experience with us. Besides our great customer service, our rates include a continental breakfast and complementary Wi-Fi. We hope these extra amenities added value to your stay. If you stay in the Portland area frequently on business we have a great Rewards Program that can get you complimentary upgrades! Our upgraded room types have newer flat screen TVs, and in the future all standard guest rooms will have them too. We hope to accommodate you in the future, and thank you for staying with us Fireside!

Reviewed May 19, 2012

This hotel is NOT, I repeat NOT a three star hotel. It's just not. The entire hotel is filthy. Absolutely filthy. I cringed the three unique travel trips I stayed here, believing each time my experience was an exception and not the rule. Unfortunately, three strikes you are out. Specifically, my room should be cleaned. If you see urine in the toilet flush it before the new guest arrive. EW! Entering a hotel at midnight is no fun, and worse when in the darkness you walk across the floor and the carpet squishes - you think what's that. And only when you take your shoes off do you notice that the humidity is so high insight and ventilation so poor, that the carpets are wet from it all! UGH! Finally, a trip to the gym to work off some stress, only added a near heart attack as I stared at a pile of gewy sticky icky god knows what on the treadmill panel. I will NOT stay here again. It's convenient location grew on me like mold, but frankly the extra few minutes to another hotel is worth ALL the time so as not to endure the feeling that bed bugs and grime might suffocate me in the night.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place. Bring your own pillows there's are all lumpy. Wear clothing to bed, your skin itches because something like nats or bed bugs are in there. Hire a staff that cares. Try really cleaning.
4  Thank fairnobjective

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It is our goal to make every guest’s stay with us an exceptional experience. We strongly value repeat guests such as yourself for the business you give our hotel. If you would like to contact us directly and give us another chance we promise you will receive nothing less than a perfect visit.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

I stayed in this hotel this past weekend and was extremely disappointed. The woman at the front desk was very nice and helpful, but she is the only person who seemed to care if we had a comfortable stay. Housekeeping walked in and out of our room numerous times without knocking, and they had bad customer service and rotten attitudes. My ipod was stolen and management made me feel like a liar and bother to them for reporting it. Our rooms were never cleaned, things were just moved around. There was a half eaten french frie under our tv and thick layers of dust. We did not get our beds changed and we had to ask more than once for towels. I would NEVER stay here again nor recommend staying there to anyone else. It was the most awkward couple of days and they are very unprofessional. Hope this is helpful, I dotn want anyone else to have missing property and an experience like mine.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank A O

Thank you for your feedback and for letting us know your stay was less than satisfactory. We are glad to hear our front desk staff was courteous, and apologize for the housekeeping experience you had. Losing anything while on vacation is very stressful. We are pleased to update this review by reporting your missing item claim had a happy ending.