All reviews whoopie pies outdoor pool continental breakfast room was clean hot tub checking in king bed fireplace keurig refrigerator
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This place is exactly what I paid for. It costed me 86$ +tax per night and I have to admit that I slept well for the money I paid. No mold, no neighbour noise, no terrible mattress. I even had a fridge and a microwave . I was not expecting more fort he money and I think it was fair.

Room Tip: Room on the 2nd floor facing the parking
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank montrecana
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights with a small group and had an exccellent stay. Despite reading reviews about dampness, uncleanliness and thin walls we were nervous, however, none of these were experienced by any of our group. Our king room was large and clean with a comfortable bed. The 2 pools were nice. Only negatives is there were never any towels poolside and the indoor pool wasnt heated as advertised but it seemed the air was! There is a hot tub and a sauna which were nice bonuses. All the staff we encountered, from the front desk to the restaurant host, were extremely efficient and friendly. The location is right across from a shopping mall and i went for a long walk and felt safe in the surrounding area. It is only a 10 min ride to Old Port. Portland is a nice town and we hope to visit again and will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Christine H
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Very good value for money. Rooms were clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was very good, competed by Andrey.
Pool and spa were well kept and clean. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would happily visit again.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The customer service was very good and the King-size bed was nice. Room was clean and indoor/outdoor pool gives nice variety. There are quite a number of items in the continental breakfast. Also, the food in the restaurant was a pleasant surprise. The only downside is that the walls are thin and the ventilation systems in the bathrooms are connected, so you can hear into each other's bathrooms VERY easily (we heard our neighbor's voicemail when they were listening to it). Overall, it's a good value.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roman A
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed here with my family on May 26. We were visiting Portalnd and all the downtown hotels were booked so this was the only other convinient option. When we arrived, the front staff was nice and gave us the welcome whopie pie. The room itself was neat but the air conditioning did not work. We could not sleep the entire night because it was hot and suffocating. When I let the front desk know, they said that they could'nt do anything because my room was pre paid for. I was very dissapointed that the staff did NOT make any effort to compensate for the discomfort. After all the sight seeing and travels, you look forward to a good night's sleep and when you don't get that, it ruins your vacation. On top of it, if the hotel is indifferent, it doesn't make me want to come back.

Room Tip: Do not pre pay for your room because you dont know what you are getting.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Mukta A
firesideinnportland, Front Office Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Portland, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the complimentary whoopie pies at check in and your room was neat and clean. We apologize the air conditioning unit was not working, that is not our usual standard. For future reference, the front desk is always happy to accommodate guests with a new room if the one you are checked into is unsatisfactory. Unfortunately when someone books online and pre pays for their room through a website such as Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, etc, we are unable to make any monetary adjustments. This is because the guest pays the third party website, not the hotel directly, and we don’t have access to your financial information. If you were to call the website where you booked they would be able to adjust your bill for you. Again, we are sorry to hear your stay did not go exactly as planned, and we hope you’ll give us another chance.