All reviews room was clean old port front desk staff pool and hot tub maine medical center close to the airport short drive omelet convenient location shuttle service coffee maker free shuttle cookies downtown amtrak proximity waterfront
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Do not stay here! Front desk very rude! Checked in half our party and gave them a room early (yes that was nice). The second half was told to come back at regular check in time. They were then refused to be given their room because other half of the party wasn’t there for it to be pled. Left second half of the party to wait until first half came back AFTER 6pm!!!!! 86 degrees outside. So not OK!!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
MFAPGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Thank you for your comments regarding your check-in experience. I have shared them with our Rooms Division Mgr for immediate follow-up with the GSA that checked in your party. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Where to start? Booked the hotel for our first weekend away from our son and be able to go see a show. The hotel was close to the venue so we chose it. Biggest mistake I made. Should have stayed somewhere else. Front elevator was broken. Had to go all the way down the back to get to that elevator or climb 5 flights of stairs. The carpets were gross. Like not vacuumed or steam cleaned at ALL. We actually had to go buy Clorox wipes as the head board of our room had some Ummmm... stains on it. We tried to order room service and the food was horrible. Save your self the money order from some where else. Staff was rude and unhelpful. Every time we used the phone in the room the light would blink and no one knew why. So we had to put a shirt over it. The ac heater thing sucked. You had 60 or 80 degrees no in between. The room stunk like musty old food. The toilet was so loud. We tried to contact management with no success until 30 minutes after check out. All we got was we'll look in to it no apologize. Living in south Portland I will be telling everyone I know not to stay here. I honestly would have thought it was a no tell motel if it wasnt for the price

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank angela w
MFAPGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your experience. Unfortunately the elevator did go down due to a malfunction. We contacted the repair company as soon as we were made aware of the issue. I have shared your comments regarding housekeeping and food quality with our management team for immediate follow-up. Generally the comments on food quality are excellent. We had our QA inspection last week and scored very high on cleanliness and condition. All of the carpets in the entire hotel have been replaced in the past 3 months. Again, thank you for your feedback. I truly do appreciate it.

Reviewed August 2, 2018

I have stayed at The Clarion several times in the past few months traveling on business and for a training on site and thought this hotel was great. The front desk staff were very welcoming and check in was a breeze. My room very, very clean, and I am very particular about this detail. Housekeeping was very friendly and checked to make sure I had everything I needed. Nice personal touch! Bathroom was spotless, bed was very comfortable, and the room was clearly just renovated because everything looked new. Our meetings included breaks and meals and the food was excellent with a nice presentation. Kudos to the staff and management here for making me feel welcome!!!! Would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try the restaurant for breakfast and dinner. Convenient and friendly shuttle service available.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
MFAPGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2018

Thank you so much for your excellent review. I truly feel lucky to work with such a great team. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Portland.

Reviewed July 26, 2018

Stopped here for the night with 7 friends while on an 8 day motorcycle trip from Baltimore to Maine and back. Check-in clerk was very helpful and nice. Rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. Some of our group enjoyed the use of the pool. Very convenient that the hotel also has a restaurant and bar on premises. Check out went smoothly. The hotel had a very large group of kids (looked to be middle school age) staying for a trip, really appreciate that the hotel was smart to keep them separated to a floor of their own as to not disturb other guests. Overall a very good stay, but will agree with other reviews that the elevator is rather slow.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
MFAPGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2018

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write such a nice review. We greatly appreciate it.

Reviewed July 22, 2018

The Clarion is across the street from the Portland Transportation Center, so it was great for taking the bus to Boston Logan Airport. The hotel was decent. The room was large, with two double beds. Plenty of room to do Tai Chi and yoga.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future.