“A vegetarian bonanza in downtown Portland”
Review of The Green Elephant

The Green Elephant
Ranked #5 of 638 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Asian-inspired cuisine made with love.
Reviewed 10 March 2016

Wanted a light fare for lunch as we were going to have a "heavy" dinner. Green Elephant advertised Thai/vegetarian food so we went. Excellent choices, small but very friendly and classy place. We had Pad Thai and Spicy Vegetable Medley, both delicious. Would definitely go again. They said they just opened another Green Elephant in Portsmouth, NH (good for us - closer to home.) Messengered copy of Lunch menu to vegan son.

Reviewed 5 March 2016

We invited a friend to dine with us and found such tasty choices offered. I chose a Japanese dish that was unique to me and very delicious. We all enjoyed our choices.

Reviewed 1 March 2016

First time trying vegetarian Thai food and pleasantly surprised. The vegetables cooked (whether sauteed, fried or even in the soup) were all fresh and well prepared. I especially love their hot and spicy soup. My parities all liked their dished, including pai thai and rice dishes. I will definitely go back and try more food!

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

Went for lunch with my husband. Got hot and sour noodle. Flavorful and delicious. He got pai thai and he said it was also tasty. Will go back again to try more dishes

Reviewed 17 February 2016

A unique Thai restaurant-all vegetarian. Love the noodle and curry dishes. Great soup and salad as well. The tofu appetizer was fair, somewhat dried out. I like the fact that the food is fairly light and you're pleasantly full. They also have a restaurant in Portsmouth, NH that I have been to several times also. Equally as good. Note: I am not a vegetarian.