Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 11, 2018

I had a wonderful time staying at this historic inn located on a 200-acre preserve that includes a private beach of powdery white sand. The inn was originally a sea captain’s house, and it is bright and spacious. I stayed in Room Two, which was oceanfront, and I fell asleep at night to the sound of the surf crashing on the sand. The inn has views of the open ocean and rocky ledges topped with fir trees. The owners were gracious and knowledgeable, and the staff were courteous and attentive. I would definitely recommend Acadia Oceanside Meadows for a Downeast getaway.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Marcus L
Reviewed November 25, 2017

I make an effort to return to the Arcadia Oceanside Meadows Inn, every other year. I believe that the first time that I stayed there was in July 2013. I drove from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Bar Harbor, Maine, with my Mother. My Mother always wanted to stay in a Bed and Breakfast. I, on the other hand, have never wanted to do the same. Well, I could not have been more wrong. We had an oceanfront room and the sounds of the ocean sang us to sleep like a lullaby. The property is quaint, charming, and superbly clean. If you’ve ever wanted to visit Bar Harbor, ME, stay at an oceanfront property, without the crowds or the heafty price tag, this is your absolute best option! Now, moving on to the Breakfast... These people take Breakfast very seriously! Lol! I happened to look out of the window at about 4am or 5am, and saw that the staff was already in the kitchen preparing breakfast. Everything is prepared daily with fresh ingredients. There’s a huge garden on the property and the staff uses their own fresh organic herbs and flowers to prepare the food and garnish the plates. Finally, they follow up with you to gain your input regarding your satisfaction with the meal you’ve been served; but not in an intrusive way. Next, the beach is simply serene. It’s very clean, and again, exclusively private. The views are spectacular and picturesque, which I thoroughly enjoyed, because I absolutely love the ocean. One of the nicest aspects is that most people bring back a bottle of wine ( from the many wineries that you can visit) upon return from their daily outings, for all to enjoy; while we discuss our day, in the evening. You are not required to bring or drink wine. Nor, are you required to participate in the evening gathering. My Mother and I went “Whale Watching,” which we both enjoyed. I returned for another stay in July 2015, with my 20 yr old son. He also enjoyed our stay, especially the private beach, Whale Watching, expoloration of the area; including the onsite gardens. My son also actually managed to survive the limited internet access. I’ve also referred a colleague who stayed there two years ago. He and his wife, as well as, another couple who joined them, also thoroughly enjoyed it. I definitely plan to return in the summer of 2018. My only warning is “Do Not Loose the laminated maps provided!” Otherwise, It’s pure perfection.

Room tip: Ask for an oceanfront front room if you love the sounds and sight of the ocean.
Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank reismith1111
Reviewed November 10, 2017

We just stayed one night, but could have spent several days here. We stayed in Captain Rufus Allen's room overlooking the water. The trails are a trek back into nature, and they were lovely and well maintained. Don't expect bacon for breakfast--it's vegetarian only. (But you won't miss the meat, promise)

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Wagonwheelers
Reviewed November 8, 2017

Upon checking in Ben our host sat down with us and went over amazing maps of trails on the property and off including one for the local part of Acadia (we used these maps & also kept some in the car ) They were beyond helpful in navigating our way around for sightseeing, shopping etc.
Our room was in the other house next door to the main inn. It was a large room & bathroom. This house also had a common area and kitchen stocked with the basics if you wanted to do some cooking . There is no TV in either of the houses which I wouldn't normally have a problem with but one of our days had some severe weather and we got pretty bored playing some of the old games that were laying around. All the other B & B s we had stayed in on this trip did have a TV in our room so I guess I was expecting that. The breakfast was a 3 course affair with one being a cold soup. We met lots of interesting travelers and enjoyed lingering over coffee when breakfast was over.

Room tip: We were on the first floor in the other house with a nice view of the water . Bathroom was large but no closet or hanging space.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BBinNC
Reviewed October 25, 2017

We liked the place overall but were disappointed with a few aspects that you should be aware of:
1. No television , not even in a common area.
2. No Wifi
3.The room was nice but the sink was popped up my a makeshift piece of wood. We were afraid it would fall down.
4. No airconditioning. It would have been more bearable if the open windows would stay up. ( we had to prop open with a waste basket). The screens had holes which allowed flies to get in the room.
5. They have a common cooking area but would not allow you to cook fish or meat. Not everyone is a vegetarian. We were told you could cook meat/seafood on the outside grill.
The grill also had a side burner but no way to ignite it and no matches or lighter available. We had to go back out and buy a lighter in order to cook.

We did enjoy seeing deer and turkey on several occasions .

For over $200 a night the above issues are not acceptable, therefore an average rating .

Date of stay: October 2017