Lowest prices for your stay
US$75
View deal
eDreams
US$75
View deal
Free cancellation until 21-04-18
PricelineUS$75
Agoda.comUS$75
All reviews the cottages keurig coffee maker rustic charm satellite tv lake boat cabin kitchenette docks
Selected filters
Reviewed September 17, 2020

The host was very gracious so I really wanted to give it a good review. I did not have high expectations, but for the price, which was $120.00 a night, I did not expect the strong smell of mildew, stained and ripped carpet, mice droppings under the sink, or a dead bug in the top drawer of the bureau. The mattress was very lumpy and uncomfortable. The location and view is great, the heat worked, and there was plenty of hot water for showers. It is right on the lake with kayaks and canoes to borrow, which would be great for families.

Room tip: We stayed in the motel, perhaps the cabins are better.
Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed August 2, 2020

An old style family hotel with both rooms and cabins right on the lake. Bring your boat to put at their docks, borrow their paddle boats. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Your hosts live onsite and are fantastic.

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed January 28, 2020

I cancelled a reservation 3 weeks prior to the arrival date. I was informed I would get a full refund if the rooms were filled. I called the beginning of the week and was informed my rooms were filled and I was entitled to a full refund. They said that my refund would have to wait a week because they didn’t have enough money to pay my refund ($1080). The following week after the rooms were rented, I called and asked where my refund was. They told me they were only giving me $800 back. I was furious because they rented my rooms and I was informed I would receive a full refund. This place is an absolute joke. I highly recommend staying somewhere else. Saddleback in is a very professional place as well as bald mountain camps. This place was horrible.

Room tip: place was horrible
Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed November 29, 2019

Situated on north side of town right on Rangeley Lake!
This place is extremely dated, no doubt about it. This ain't the Ritz. More like a Saltine. But there is value in a Saltine! It suited my needs perfectly and was close to where I needed to be the next day. The mattress and pillow were comfortable. I loved having a kitchen (microwave, stove, fridge, toaster oven, and plenty of coffee for the Keurig)!
The Wifi seemed excruciatingly weak and slow. There was a snowstorm the night I arrived so I lost satellite TV about 8:30 pm. In the morning, a nice gentleman who helped me clean off my car and shovel me out also cleared off the satellite dish for me.
My biggest complaint is that the thermostat was set at 50 degrees when I checked in at 1:15. Finally, at 7:30 it reached 68 degrees. I have to say, though, it's an oldie, but goodie! Would stay again!

Room tip: I stayed in motel room #3.
Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed October 18, 2019 via mobile

We had a thoroughly pleasant stay in one of the cottages on offer and the open fire crackling away in the evening was splendid. Fantastic views from the lakeside location too.

I can see how the decor isn’t to everyone’s taste but we loved it. If you want a modern hotel then maybe you should go to Boston.

The owners were very attentive and helpful.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple