All reviews new brunswick bagged breakfast new mattresses nice lady rocky beach stayed here for one night rustic charm canadian border rooms are clean the river lobster boats downeast maine canada property balcony bay renovation
Reviewed August 27, 2018

I was so excited about this place, based on my research online. We stayed 1 night, in room 22. The room was very clean, but very dated. We had a room with a view, and new mattresses. The mattresses were super soft, and cheap. I hope they last more than one season, but I don't see how they could. The manager is so nice; truly just a delightful woman who would do anything she could to help. The property is a bit run down, not nearly as nice as it seems in the pics. The owners German Shepard keeps you from walking anywhere around the property, and that's kind of a bummer. I would say unless you get one of the balcony rooms (#22 is a view room, but no balcony) there would be no reason to stay here. The balcony rooms are more expensive, a nd at that point, you would be better off to go someplace in Eastport or Calais....you have to go there to get anything to eat, anyway. Bummer, I hate saying I can't recommend this place, because the manager was just so nice...but I can't recommend it.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night. Our room was nice and clean with pretty views. However, the shower didn’t completely turn on from the tub option, so there was minimal water flow. The internet was spotty and sometimes went into Canadian service. The front desk was nice, but despite being told a bagged breakfast would be provided in the morning, none was given.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2018

Very nice lady at front desk. Gave us a room with a view, and new mattresses on the beds. Room was very clean, though dated! Sad that they do not have cable tv, but she explained they had tried to have cable installed with no success. Nice place to stay if you are driving through or site seeing in the area.

Room tip: Great view and on the water, but no sandy beach. Rm#22
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ljl3846
Reviewed August 8, 2018

We booked this hotel for the first night of a visit to the area. The manager was very friendly, and the room was decent, if dated. The restaurant was closed, so the breakfast offered was a carry away bag with a muffin, apple, and granola bar, though they are clear about this on their website. There was free wifi, but it was very slow and rather weak in the room in which we stayed.

The thing which makes this mostly worth the fairly high booking rate is the view: each room has a deck on the edge of the river, with great views.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank mattchand
Reviewed August 5, 2018

The motel was a bit dated but it was clean and well kept. Our large window looked out over the bay and we could see the tide going out and coming in which was interesting for us city folk. The view was lovely. Our room was large and comfortable with a table and two comfy chairs by the window to enjoy the view. It was very relaxing.

We were disappointed that the restaurant attached to the property no longer seemed to be in business. It was a bit of a drive to find a place for dinner and breakfast. We did like staying here and would stay again if we were in the area.

Room tip: I think that all rooms had a good view of the bay but ask if some are better than others.
Date of stay: July 2018