All reviewscontinental breakfastindoor poolmaine lighthouseone bedroom unitliving areabeds were comfortablebrass compasswood floorsprivate balconyking size bedeasy walking distancerestaurants and shopsnice staymain streetdowntown rocklandlong weekendyogurt
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

The Trade Wind is a tired old motor lodge that is satisfactory but not great. My room was clean, but mold and water damaged drywall in the shower suggested that they were behind on some maintenance. The breakfast bar was weak--cold eggs, generic breads, and non functioning appliances meant that a packaged bagel with packaged peanut butter was the best food available.

Staff was not able to email my receipt, and responded like I'd asked for something out of a futuristic sci if movie. Maybe that explains why the wifi was so slow, too.

On the upside, it was among the least expensive lodging options available, and it is right downtown. Just know what you're getting.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Teledawg
AimeeLiberty, Manager at Trade Winds Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Hello,
I am so sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory. I will be looking into these issues as we have recently updated and expanded our breakfast in the morning as well as renovations to the building. We recently had all of our wifi redone throughout the building so there should be no dead spots anymore. This took place over the last few months and the internet was spotty during the change over so I am very sorry to hear about the issue with the wifi. I can however assure you the wifi is up and running excellent. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Reviews help us greatly to make appropriate changes and improvements. I hope you will try our property again in the future.

Reviewed September 14, 2017

Booked a 2 bedroom condo thru my timeshare exchange company. This property is on the Bay and has clean comfortable rooms. It is not fancy but who stays in the room when you have gorgeous views and great shopping and food? I would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank travljunkie51
Reviewed September 10, 2017

Great location, great view, easy walk to town. Hotel itself lacking. Microwave, refrigerator, no coffee pot in room. Needs a little spiffing up. Food is not their claim to fame. Dinner a very unpleasant experience. Meals to people at same table not served in a reasonable time. Cold. Ran out of chowder.

Stayed: July 2017
2  Thank Janet D

Hi Janet,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm sorry to hear your stay was not satisfactory. Unfortunately we do not have coffee makers in all guest rooms but we do serve coffee 24 hours in the lobby. The Eclipse Restaurant has a separate owner and I will be passing this review along to them. Thank you
We are always making improvements and trying to better our service this review will help us greatly. I hope you will try us again in the future.
Thanks

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

We checked into a dog friendly room and experienced a faint urine odor. My dog was very confused since we take him outside. He's not allowed on the furniture but he jumped into bed twice because he couldn't find a clean space on the floor. The odor dissipated with the window open and air conditioner on and the hotel was okay other than that. I doubt the regular rooms smell this way. A lot of improvements have been made since Anthony Melchiorri panned this place.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank Opal144

Hello,
I am so very sorry to hear your stay was not satisfactory. We will be looking into this I may need a little more info to narrow down which room. Could you please e-mail me at allie@tradewindsmaine.com so we can get some more information about your stay.
Thank you and I look forward to your next stay at our Inn.
Thanks

Reviewed September 5, 2017

Breakfast was great, better than expected, loved they they had actual plates and cutlery rather than the throwaway styrofoam! The hallways are unbelievably narrow -- feels like you're in a ships berth -- and hard to navigate, especially with a luggage cart. Also, the Internet stopped working during our stay and they didn't really rush to fix it.

Room Tip: Ask for something closer to the entrances / stairs / elevators or you may end up in a room that's a long walk from the entrance!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Antonio H

Hello Antonio,
Thank you for the review. I am sorry to hear you had an issue with the wifi. Over the course of the last couple months we switched carriers and the wifi was spotty during the transition but seems to be running great since the final change over.