1,565 results
All reviews golf course la bella health club the general manager pebble beach time share the wait staff kids club hot tub tennis courts indoor and outdoor pools gift shop fitness center rockland breakwater lighthouse light house lobster this past weekend
Reviewed July 23, 2018

I just read a previous review left today that read 'very picturesque but in need of an update'. Boy do I wholeheartedly agree! The grounds and sweeping views at the Samoset are beautiful. It is very close to downtown Rockland. We were spending a few nights here while picking up our kids from sleep away camp so we didn't need a large cottage just a room for the 3 of us. We stayed in a Deluxe Oceanfront Double Queen. They got the Oceanview and queen part right but the deluxe part was nowhere to be found. The room wasn't even up to the speed of a dated Courtyard Marriott! And like the other review left, for rates over $400 and $500 dollars, I would expect a room that didn't feel 30 years old and was also somewhat clean. The room smelled terrible and carpets were dirty. Beds looked, smelled and felt old and rather gross. The bathroom fan/ light was so loud, my 7 year old held his ears at times! The grounds are relatively well-kept, the staff in and around the place were okay. I agree that the 'kids' working at the resort for the summer seemed pretty clueless, not their fault, just not well- trained. We played two rounds of golf there and the course is beautiful, well-maintained and the views were magnificent. The golf course was the one redeeming quality that I found about the place alongside the lovely walk out to the lighthouse. I also hope that management is reading this, not sure what the cottages look like inside (they looked great from the outside) but the rooms were not good.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank stacy p
Connie R, General Manager at Samoset Resort On The Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2018

Dear stacy p,

Thank you for valued feedback from your stay at the Samoset. While I respectfully disagree that our accommodations are “terrible”, I appreciate your detailed feedback from New York City regarding the room for improvement in our guestroom décor, housekeeping service and staff training.

Our guestrooms were last renovated in 2007, which is perhaps why they appear somewhat dated. You’ll be happy to hear we have a full guestroom refurbishment scheduled this fall that will update every room from top to bottom with modern, nautical, and comfortable furnishings and décor. With the aesthetics of the room aside, we have taken great strides to ensure the room furnishings are comfortable and clean, regardless of modernity of the guestroom design. Specifically, all guestroom mattresses were replaced just two years ago (Simmons BeautyRest) and every inch of guestroom and hallway carpeting is professionally deep cleaned on a regular and frequent basis. There have also been countless renovation and updating projects throughout the property that have taken place since the rooms were completed in 2007, including the three private cottages you noted, which were built in 2011. During the “Camper’s Weekend” when you visited this year, Rockport was extremely humid, which contributed to the hotel feeling stuffy. I am disappointed to hear that you found the grounds to be just “relatively” well-kept, which simply stated, does not come close to matching their exceptional appeal to the overwhelming majority of our guests.

I work closely with our management team here and will share your feedback about some of the staff seeming undertrained or uninformed. While we do have departments that are predominantly staffed with younger associates, we value every team member here equally and strive to provide them with quality, thorough and valuable training to allow them to succeed in their positions with pride. We will take your notes into consideration for further training measures.
Again, thank you for taking the time to share which aspects of your stay here did not meet your expectations. I sincerely assure you that our goal is to ensure every guest’s stay the Samoset is excellent, and I hope we see you again in the future for another opportunity to display that excellence.

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

We just returned from a weekend at the Samoset and could not have enjoyed it more. Spectacular setting, sweeping views of the sea, the Breakwater, endless list of activities for the kiddos, wonderful staff and gorgeous ocean view rooms. The restaurant was so reasonable priced and delicious. I was shocked how affordable the restaurant and bars were considering the caliber of resort it is. The outdoor pool, hammocks, giant chess board, croquet and Saturday night s’mores were a favorite. We had such a wonderful getaway that when we got back last night we booked a return trip in a few weeks! Cannot wait to go back and know this will become a family tradition for us for years to come. If you’re on the fence, go. You will have a fabulous time.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear averildillon,

Thank you for your kind words from your stay at the Samoset! I’m pleased you and your family took part in our Kids Club and Ultimate Backyard activities. Our staff at The Club that organizes all of our games and activities really go above and beyond to ensure kids of all ages, as well as families together, enjoy their time at our beautiful property. I’m so happy you’ve already chosen to come back, and I hope the Samoset always remains a special retreat for your entire family.

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

My title says it all . Property and Foodservice a (10) , rooms a (4) . The setting is spectacular. Wait staff , front desk and concierge were top notch. Cleaning staff and young guys at the door seemed clueless. Room was not only from the 1990’s , was never really cleaned ?? Bathroom mirror was filthy. The hallway was littered with glassware and dishes constantly. Sometimes we passed by same glasses for up to two days . Guys at door are not really trained. A guest that is paying 300-500 per night is expecting better service. A simple greeting, asking if you need help, directions? Water ? None of this happened. I hope management reads this. Property is amazing, but you will lose your customers if all else is not addressed

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank worldtraveler21nj

Dear worldtraveler21nj,

Thank you for valued feedback from your stay at the Samoset. I work directly with our housekeeping and bell staff teams on a daily basis and will ensure your experience is shared with them for training purposes. We strive to provide excellent guest service to each and every Samoset guest and I am disappointed we failed to achieve this goal during your stay. While the guestroom you stayed in was last renovated in 2007, we recognize that our guestrooms are in need of an updated look. This fall we have a full guestroom, lobby and corridor refurbishment scheduled which will update and improve our guests’ experiences, and offer a coastal, modern and relaxing atmosphere to match our spectacular property setting. Again, I thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to share with me. I hope we can welcome you back to the Samoset in the future so you may enjoy our refreshed guestrooms and beautiful property once again.

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

The Samoset Inn is a classic New England retreat that has been updated and is very comfortable. It is not cheap to stay here, but they so run promotions, and usually at least one or local residents. Their pool looks right at the water and is super relaxing. Their rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The staff is top tier. We had an issue to resolve with the manager, Bonnie and it was resolved to our complete satisfaction. Their restaurant was fantastic. I would gladly return for a longer stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear NorseBride,

Thank you for staying with us at the Samoset! I’m happy to hear that your visit was relaxing and you were treated so well by our fantastic staff. We offer many different packages, special rates and promotions throughout the year to accommodate guests from near and far. In fact, the best way to become aware of those specials and promotions is to join our mailing list found right on our website. Thank you again for being our guest and we can’t wait to see you again for a longer stay.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

The Samoset resort is outstanding. Our week here was wonderful. Great food, wonderful pool overlooking the ocean and plenty of activities. So happy to be able to enjoy this resort. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI

Dear dbme,

Thank you for being our guest here at the Samoset! Our weather this month has been outstanding for endless days at the outdoor pool and guest activities around the property. I’m so happy to hear your experience was enjoyable and we look forward to hosting you again for future visits!